Nextbox 4K not working on 2016 Samsung KS Series TVs

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nextbox 4K not working on 2016 Samsung KS Series TVs

fyi to all.  I used to have my 4k Rogers stb connected directectly to my tv's smart connect box (HDMI Port1) and it used to work prior to Roger's latest 4k firmware update.  But I just reconnected my Rogers 4k stb directly to my A/V receivers CBL/SAT HDMI Port and I am now able to watch my 4k channels.  It appears as if the 4k Stb recognizes my new a/v receiver;s HDMI port as being HDCP 2.2 compliant and all is well again!!!  Note: this does not fix the Samsung TV issue (when directly connecting the 4k stb to the tv instead) and for those of you connecting your 4k stb in this manner, you will still have to wait for a firmware update from Samsung.  Cheers.

Hi @QAQCman,

I'm glad to hear you were able to workaround this issue. We're now just waiting on the firmware update to resolve this issue.

RogersCorey

I Plan to Stick Around

Samsung released a firmware upgrade 1131 today and guess what? Same issue no sound and won't switch to Ultra HD. Beyond frustrating.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SnoopDoggLA

Hmm i wonder if Rogers isn't in sync with the software updates sent out by Samsung
I'm Here A Lot

I have the Samsung 4K 65 KS 8500 and having the same issue. 4K channels on HDMI port 2,3,4 says requires a HDCP 2.2 compatible 4K but all my other channels workand and port 1 has no sound or picture. It use to work but after Rogers pushed their firmware on Tuesday, now I'm dealing with this. My $4000 tv is only two weeks old and Rogers technical says it has to be my TV and Samsung problem.
If anybody comes a cross a fix, please share.
Thanks.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I have the Samsung 4K 65 KS 8500 and having the same issue. 4K channels on HDMI port 2,3,4 says requires a HDCP 2.2 compatible 4K but all my other channels workand and port 1 has no sound or picture. It use to work but after Rogers pushed their firmware on Tuesday, now I'm dealing with this. My $4000 tv is only two weeks old and Rogers technical says it has to be my TV and Samsung problem.
If you comes a cross a fix, please share.
Thanks.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mminoo

Hmm i wonder what is going on right now with this issue
I Plan to Stick Around

Just thought I would try again after update and yet another 4k hdmi cable and it was worse. Could not even get a picture without sound. So frustrating 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jcagencies

Hmm what is really going on
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello all,

Since installing the latest Rogers firwmware update, the following combination of Rogers 4k Box configuration, Onkyo A/V Receiver TX-NR555 configuration and Samsung KS8000 configuration works like a charm for me, i.e., I am able to watch Rogers 4k channels without any issues:

ROGERS 4K STB Configuration:

• HDMI Out connected to CBL/SAT HDMI Input Port on the Onkyo TX/NR555 A/V Receiver using Monster Black Platinum Ultra HD High Speed 1.5m (5 ft.) HDMI Cable w/ Performance Indicator Lights
  • Software Version: 6.1.0.0121
  • UI Version: 3.1.5.24.04.09.11/ 28392
  • Classic Version: 61.00.04
  • VOD - Tier 3 Version: 61.00.08

SAMSUNG KS8000 Series Configuration:

• Software Version: 1131
  • HDMI UHD Color: OFF
  • HDMI CeC: OFF
  • Smart Connect Box HDMI Port 2 connected to Onkyo TX-NR555 A/V Receiver HDMI Out using Monster Black Platinum 1.52m (5 ft.) HDMI Cable
  • Optical Audio Out Port connected to Onkyo TX-NR555 A/V Receiver TV Optical Audio Input

Onkyo TX-NR555 A/V Receiver Configuration:

• HDMI CeC: ON
  • ARC: OFF
  • Firmware Version: 1030-7020-3103-000

I hope this helps.