Nextbox 4K not working on 2016 Samsung KS Series TVs

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Nextbox 4K not working on 2016 Samsung KS Series TVs

Hello @Zwicks1

Agreed and i really want to know why this is happening. It seems to be a issue with new 4K tvs which include HDR on them.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Some people have had success getting their 4K boxes working by trying the following:

1. A different HDMI port on their TV. Not all ports are compatible with 4K, etc. Read the operating manual for your TV regarding HDMI ports.  It may not necessarily be port 1 - I've seen where it is port 3 for example.

2. Try turning off HDR or UHD or similar adjustments in the TV which seem to cause some of the incompatibility issues.

It is most likely that an issue like this will require a firmware update, possibly on both the Nextbox and your TV, to resolve this issue.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

I Plan to Stick Around

Seriously this is EXTREMELY POOR SERVICE! This issue was reported in May and we're entering September without a fix. If it's a firmware upgrade that is needed you would think this would be a high priority as more and more of these models will be purchased as the price comes down on them. I feel that Rogers isn't even looking to fix this issue. If I call tech most don't even know about the problem then when they open a ticket it just gets closed with no resolution. I've never experience customer service this poor from Rogers before. Maybe I've been too nice dealing with this and need to escalate this higher. I pay over $400 a month to Rogers I would like to feel I'm at least respected.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SnoopDoggLA

Honestly they should be waiving the fee or the rental and for a working box. This is a inconvenience to all that Is affected and it seems that something major is going on
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I agree. That's why I'm going to Bell Fibe. When I told them they quickly sent over tech but of course no resolution. Does anyone from Rogers ever read this???
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Zwicks1

They do read them and pass along time information but sadly it seems nothing has happened yet.
I've Been Around

I just bought a new Samsung KU6290 4K TV and have been issues with the picture and sound fading in and out for a few seconds. DOesn't happen with apps (Netflix) or Bluray or other devices, just the cable Box. Contacted Samsung and they say it is a cable box problem. Have there been issues with Samsung TVs and Rogers NExtbox 3 PVR? I saw the thread about the Nextbox 4K.

I Plan to Stick Around

I am so frustrated with both Rogers and Samsung! As a result of a firmware update that Rogers pushed yesterday morning to their 4K set-top-boxes, the Rogers 4K box now thinks that my Samsung Suhd 2016 model tv is not hdcp 2.2 compliant!!!! No 4K channels!!! I was advised by a Rogers tech rep that I need to call Samsung and ask for a patch to be remotely installed on my tv!!!
I Plan to Stick Around

There is now a handshaking issue with the 4K box and Samsung. You would think that they would do some form of integration testing before either side pushed out firmware updates!!!! Some partnership between Samsung and Rogers. They don't appear to be talking to each other to coordinate testing and updates. I hope someone at Samsung and Rogers us listening!