Nextbox 4K not working on 2016 Samsung KS Series TVs

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Nextbox 4K not working on 2016 Samsung KS Series TVs

Any updates on the Rogers 4k boxes not working on the Samsung ks series tvs? I purchased a 55ks8000 last week, picked up a 4k box and had a user interface problem for a week. Had a Rogers tech come in yesterday and swapped out 4 boxes and finally got rid of the user interface problem but now I have no sound and it doesn't recognize ultra HD on my tv. Rogers said it was a Samsung problem, I spent 2 hours on the phone with Samsung last night and no solution. They are sending a tech as well. Any ideas, suggestions or comments? This is all very frustrating. Thanks
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Jr75

No update as of yet but I have some boxes that had issues with their Samsung KS8000 series have been fixed. As for the audio problems, have u tried changing the sounds or the HDMI cord? have the techs seen what is going on?
I'm Here A Lot

I tried changing the sound settings, changed the UDHMI color to "on" and back to "off" and same problem.  Tried the standard HDMI cable that came with the Rogers 4k box and same problem, swapped it for a Monster cable with 14 Gbps same problem.  I had the Tech over last night for 3 hours, he saw what was going on and he called Tech support himself and they blamed the TV.  After my first post I contacted Rogers again and they informed me that they are well aware of the problem and the issue isn't with Samsung it's a Rogers issue and they are currently trying to resolve it.  Basically was told to swap my 4k box for an HD box in the time being until they resolve this issue.  So 4k TV is pointless when Rogers can't provide 4k service

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Jr75

Well it seems most have had theirs fixed but some have not. The 4K service does work just not on many KS 8000 models, Some Sony models ( Which is weird as I have a 850D and get someone else on here had issues with it). So it seems to happen to some people and not to others. Remember there are so many 4K model TVS, this is only a small fiction of customerts. Now i have had some of my clients have had the issue but seems like thiers got fixed and did not say how

I'm Here A Lot

Ok thanks good to know that there is an actual fix out there, hopefully it gets resolved sooner rather then later.  I've had my KS8000 for 2 weeks now and the 4k box has yet to work. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Jr75

Hopefully the update comes or some sort of firmware and fixes the issues for u!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Let us know what Samsung tech has to say. I've had the same problem for 2 months and finally gave up. It works with my old HD box
I Plan to Stick Around

I am having same problem. It is now August 13 2016. Has anyone been able to get a fix. Had rogers tec for 2 hours and had samsung on phone. Samsung think it might be connector box don't think it is rogers

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jcagencies

Its not the connector box. It has to do with the firmware and software not communicating between the tv and Rogers box.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for response.......so is there a fix?