Nextbox 4K not working on 2016 Samsung KS Series TVs

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nextbox 4K not working on 2016 Samsung KS Series TVs

Hello @Meowmix

Just got it working again.  I had HDMI UHD Color set to ON for HDMI1 and when I changed it to OFF my connection issue vanished.  All is fine now.  Go figure.  Not sure why?  Any idea?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @QAQCman

Hmm not sure why either but most likely the UHD Color is having a connection issue as well when it's turned On.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It has still never worked for me at all after my initial post. I'm going to try to turn the HDMI UHD Color to OFF but I don't have confidence it's going to work for me. It all doesn't make sense to me as some things work for some and it doesn't work for others

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SnoopDoggLA

Try and see. I am trying to get ahold of my Samsung rep and see whats going on. Last time I heard it's a software / firmware problem with Rogers.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Tested it and it didn't work. I was wondering for anyone that has it working is the sound set up on the TV or from a surround sound system? The reason I ask is I never get sound from the TV with the Rogers 4K Box.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SnoopDoggLA

I have a old JVC 5.1 Sound system which i am using (i am getting Sonos soon). Mine is connected HDMI from TV and 4K box. Then a Optical from the JVC home theater to the TV. I calibrated the sound and worked. That's how mine work.

In my bedroom tv, i have a HDMI connected to the tv from the 4K box. Again my set up is as follows ( Samsung 55JU6500)

- HDMI Audio Format (Bitstream)
- Audio Format ( Dobly Digital)
- HD Audio ( On)
- Dolby Digital Comp ( RF)
- Audio Delay ((0)
- Auto Volume ( Normal)
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Samsung released a new firmware again 1112 and I again got all excited and again the 4K Box still doesn't work. Rogers seems to be denying that there is an issue a lot more recently I've noticed. The more they deny that there is an issue the more insulted I get and the faster I want to switch to Bell. I'm starting to feel that Rogers doesn't care to fix this issue because of the denials I'm hearing and when I call tech support they haven't heard of the issue and say they hardly get 4K calls. I'm guessing there isn't enough 4K customers for them to care to fix the issue quickly. Also wanted to note that the 2 Sportsnet and 2 TSN 4K channels are now $10 a month as you have to purchase the 4K VIP to get them now, although the boxes don't work and them hardly having any content. I'm almost at the tipping point.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SnoopDoggLA

Yeah i got told the same when all my 4K channels were off. I was told $10 a month and now I am stuck paying for it when no where was it advertised about this.. Pretty bad I must say.

I wonder why this is taking so long? I want to know my self as its getting pretty bad here.
I Plan to Stick Around

Just want to update that this is still hopeless.  😞

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @WhisperXBA

Honestly i wish they fixed this issue as many still have the problems 😞