Nextbox 4K not working on 2016 Samsung KS Series TVs

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nextbox 4K not working on 2016 Samsung KS Series TVs

Any thing new on this? The senior tech escalated it to his manager but I haven't heard anything since which was on Friday. Anyone else have an update?

I Plan to Stick Around

Not yet. I have a "senior tech" scheduled for Thursday morning but he has yet to confirm. Everytime I speak with someone at Rogers they say they have never heard of this problem. I guess they do not read their own forums. I will keep everyone updated if there is progress.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys

Sorry for the late post, been busy at work dealing with things. So my Samsung rep did confirm indeed its a huge issue with most 2016 SUHD KS models which are having this issue. He did show me a email saying that Rogers and them re trying to figure out what's going on and will keep me update when he gets more information. His best bet was it's something to do with the firmware that's causing this.

Also i would highly suggest getting a monster HDMI cable black to see if that does the trick as i did work with my box ( which i brought into the store to test it out but every time I turned the tv off, I had to reboot the box in order to get picture once plugging it back in.)
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi everyone,

I experienced the same issues late last week with my new KS series tv;

I originally had the STB connected directly to the Mini Connect Box HDMI Port 1, using a Monster >10.2 Gbps cable which resulted in only a 1080P picture with no sound;

I purchased the Monster Black Platinum HDMI cable which is > 27.2 Gbps and it suddenly started to work over the weekend;

I still had a Rogers tech come to my house this past Monday and he checked the signal strength of the cable feed into the house and downloaded a firmware update to the STB;

The strange thing is that I noticed today that the tv did not have a HDMI Port 1 signal which means no picture and sound, and I had to reboot the Rogers STB in order for me to get 4K with sound;

Btw - I have the Mini Connect Box Optical Audio out connected to a AV Receiver.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @rsadlowki

That sounds exactly like a customer of mine which bought a Samsung KS 8000 series from me a couple weeks ago.

Hmm something is very strange going on
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Rsadlowski wrote:

I purchased the Monster Black Platinum HDMI cable which is > 27.2 Gbps and it suddenly started to work over the weekend;

It is extremely rare that one needs to purchase an (expensive) Mon$ter cable. Did you try switching back to the other cable?  What is necessary is to purchase the correct bandwidth cable, which can typically be purchased online from many places for much less than a Mon$ter cable.

Also, some TVs have certain inputs specifically for certain formats, so care must be taken to utilize the correct input on the TV too.  Of course, in this instance, it's likely a firmware issue as discussed.

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm using the Monster Black Platinum 1.52m (5 ft.) HDMI Cable cable and still not working on my KS9500

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SnoopDoggLA

Hmm it all around honestly. Samsung did tell me they are working with Rogers on this.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi everyone,

I was on the phone with a Samsung tech today and this is what he recommended: Connect the Rogers 4K STB to either One Connect Mini HDMI Port 3 or HDMI Port 4 as opposed to One Connect Mini HDMI Port 1.  Apparently only HDMI Port 3 and HDMI Port 4 will successfully carry a 4K signal without connection issues.  I connected to Port 3 and all appears to be well!  Good luck!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @QAQCman

Hopefully that works but many said they have tried all the ports and it's still failed. It seems to be that some can get it working meanwhile others can't. I will keep a eye out for a email and still contact my Samsung rep for more information.