Nextbox 3 recording problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Nextbox 3 recording problems

Not at home, so cant check.

517 is the higher HD channel version of regular gobal? (not timeshifting, etc).

If so, i would like they said, try setting it to record then on the LOWER regular gloabal channel.  Even if it doesnt say HD in the name, it auto subs the HD channel onto it if you are on an HD box, etc.

The only other thing i can think of.. is that it seems like the boxes have an issue sometimes when the show feed FINISHES early..  So if its an hour show.. and the feed actualy ENDS before the hours done, and jumps to a different feed.. the box has a cow and just dumps the recording.

(also, if you have not done so in a while, reboot the box before trying as well)

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

re my post 09-14-2015 06:36 PM, my problem recording ch 517 global in ottawa continues and is intermittant. Rogers has opened a ticket and a robot phones me every week to say they are working on it. The box reboots every so often to upload new software with no change.  I will probably have to block ch517 to avoid trying to record programs on it. 

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi, @stoneball

I’d like to help in getting your issue resolved. Addressing the issue you’ve described involves accessing your account. I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps, when you receive it please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Thanks!

RogersHassam 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I must be a sucker for punishment because again tonight Sunday, the Good Wife on Global Ch 517 supposedly recorded then on playback would hang at the 30 min mark.

This 517 problem has been escalated(?) to the engineers(?) per Hassams last post, I still get the weekly robocall telling me that they are working on it since Sep and thanks for my patience.

I try to reprogram all the shows we record to AnythingButGlobal517 but they keep cropping up and breaking down.... my bad,  but I'm frustrated, my wife is frustrated and my  20+ year relationship with Rogers is about to go south....

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@stoneball this is partly CBS's fault, not recognizing that a 1 hour football game drags out for four hours. Even when they anticipate it and reschedule the evening shows for 30 minutes later, it's only approximate and they don't start for another 10-20 minutes. I always record 60 Minutes and The Good Wife, so I just record everything from 7:00 until the evening news. With the 8300HD I record all the shows, overlapping them by 1 minute so I don't miss anything. I know the NB3 is not that precise and accurate or versatile, but maybe you can try to extend The Good Wife by an hour.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

that would be a pertinent comment if global gets its good wife  feed from cbs but is that the case ?

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

The Good Wife is from CBS. So is 60 Minutes. In fact my 60 Minutes recordings from Channel 15 (523) always start out with a CBS logo, then switch to CHCH, usually missing a few seconds. The Good Wife I record on 15 (523) never shows the CBS logo, just Global, because Global's simsub is seamless.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

so today mon, i changed all my global 517 series to now pvr on ch 3 global. the first one was chicago fire at 9pm as per guide..... watched it at 10pm and lo and behold the program recorded was listed as chicago fire but the content was something called Minority Report which is not even carried by global. ill try to get it on timeshift out west, this is such fun.

the rogers gods are playing with me and Ill regretfully have to see if MaBell can do better

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It's like the software on 3.0 is getting worse lately and I don't have navigatr yet. This past Sunday I had 2 shows for 10pm scheduled.

ie Quantico. It shows up in the list as 11:00 to 11:05 and I got the 11pm news for five minutes, but no Quantico. It was scheduled right for the accurate length and time.

Then another show for 10:30-11:30pm, just shows up 11:00-11:30 and missing the first 30 mins.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi. I'm using a Next-box 3. Is there any way to change the end time of a recording started manually. I see you can change the end time to: on-time, 5 minutes, 30, 60 minutes, etc AFTER the time the show ends but I can't see anything fore before.  

I would like change the end time to BEFORE the scheduled end date.  

Suggestions?