Nextbox 3 recording problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Nextbox 3 recording problems

Nothing but problems since we got rogers nextbox 3.0 installed.  the issues are:

1. The nesxtbox 3.0 randomly drops the speciality channels signal all day long, everyday.  Nothing at all.  ( these are the EXTRA channels you purchase for 10 dollars a month)

2. The PVR goes BLUE SCREEN for a few seconds every minute  or so while viewing anything recorded.  Try and follow that story line.

3. Phone technical support claims there is nothing wrong with the nextbox 3.0 while the conversation is  being recorded and yet the technicians who come here say there is nothing but problems with this hardware.  Why are we being used for BETA testing?

4.  The box just reboots whenever it feels like it any time of the day.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

1 ) These boxes are VERY senstive to weaker signals, compared to the older boxes.  If you had an olde box before there, which was fine.. this one may not be.  If you have not had a tech out yet, make sure you do have one.. have them check the signal at all points (street, outside house, inside house splitter, at where the TV is... and replace splitters/put in booster as needed). Almost guarantee this is whats causing your loss of those channels. 
(i have a good signal, and all mine come in perfectly fine)

2 ) Question may come down weither the blue screen is from the BOX or the TV.  When you have no input on the tv.. is it a blue screen?
I am guessing its the HDMI CEC handshake issue (which IS a problem on the box end which has not been fixed yet).  Easiest temp solution is to turn off any HDMI CEC functionality on the TV, usualy stops stuff like that. (But you will loose any of the auto switching which is part of HDMI CEC).

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Go to settings and reset your Tv to factory settings. That is what worked for me . I have roger repair man here for hours and could not fix my problem. He told me that it was my Tv . So I starting playing with my Tv cause i was angry. He told me I would have to go to the old nextbox. Pretty sad that they could not fix my problem. They should not send repair man out if they cant fix the problem.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I've had a problem with my Nextbox 3.0 and I have not seen anyone else mentioning it.

Several times now I've had shows scheduled to record but when I go to watch them, they are not in the list of recorded shows. But if I go into the list of scheduled shows, the show still shows as scheduled on the correct day at the correct time.

For example, tonight I had a show scheduled to record at 4:30 for one hour. At 7:00, I went to watch the show and it had not recorded. But the list of scheduled shows still showed the show scheduled at 4:30 today.

And it's not that the show does not air because on another instance of this problem, I tuned to the station and the show was playing.

I should add that a reboot of the box after the first time i had the problem fixed it for many days. But today the problem occurred again.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I also have the same problem. Have you heard / found a solution to the problem?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Ryangillard

Have you tried rebooting the box to see if that will fix it? I know Phil_In_Ottawa said it will fix it for a few days but for me it fixed it for good & never got the problem after that.

Which PVR aka Rogers box do u use?
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I am having this same problem of only getting 1 minute recordings for shows scheduled early in the am. My wife called Tech Support and was told it's a hard drive problem in our Nextbox 2.0 PVR and that it should be replaced. Of course it's out of warranty. Does this explanation sound reasonable and has anyone else encountered this problem/fixed it/been given the same advice?

Thanks

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I've also been having the same problem.  I'ver rebooted the box several times and it hasn't fixed the issue.  

In addition I've had shows 'currently recording' at the wrong time and/or under the wrong name (ie the guide says that Once Upon a Time is on Sunday at 8, the recorded series says it records all new episodes of that series, the box begins to record but says it is recording Helix, which airs on a different day, and when I watch the recording it is Once Upon a Time.)

Also in the scheduled recordings list it often lists that it is scheduled to record shows that have already passed - on March 7th it showed that it was going to record a show that was on March 1st.  It is not working right.  

This is SO FRUSTRATING.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Obviously Rogers is having lots of complaints and lots of problems. As I type this we are on hold in a que that is 35-40 minutes wait time for a Rogers customer agent to answer the call. The frustration and the lack of a solution is ALL on Rogers,

The NEXT BOX 3.0 is garbage. We are lab rats paying Rogers 150.00 per month for cable tv. We have had two service calls in the last week and the technicians changed coax connectors inside the house. They claimed a splitter needed to be replaced  so they replaced it with theirs which has a board inside according to the tech. 

They tested the signals from the green box to the houses and then from the demarcartion point to the Next Box 3.0 and the signals are strong .  But the box freezes, cashes,and reboots multiple times per night. Its been 5 reboots tonight already.

All other TVs with digital adapters work perfectly, the wifi internet is stron. Everything is working BUT the NEXT BOX!

This is the 2nd box we have had since July 2014.

This current box has been working until the last 3-4 weeks. Why Rogers?  I thinks its all the software downloads Rogers has been sending everyday.  

For the last 3 weeks Rogers Net box 3.0 has been crashing and rebooting 3-5 times each evening. The box is dropping schedulled recordings, the reboot wastes 7-10 minutes each reboot we lose the beginning of programs being recorded and it is happening in prime time which is the only time when we watch tv programs.

The box reboots during fast forwardan payback, then crashes and doesnt remember the resume setting where the program left off, so then to fast forward to where the TV programleft off, and it crashes again.

It doesn't seem to matter if the program is recordered or live, Rogers software triggers a reboot .and it has been happening on the hour 7pm,8pm,9pm, and this is in addition to the 4:00am dnld from Rogers every night.

NOTHING but a waste of our time, waiting for these techs to come in and screw around and NOTHING IS FIXED.

Every story they told us was not true, and now they tell us we need another box. So the 3rd techie is coming out to the house, another service call more wasted time. Stay Tuned -   Rogers is the worst service and I will be talking to Bell asap..

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Identical problem in Ottawa on Global ch 517; my wife records Y&R from 430-530 and its a hit or miss. She is not amused. It shows like its recording (red light, red icons etc) but when its over, nada. Just an entry called undefined/null in the list. The guide shows that future shows are to be recorded but good luck. Rogers support suggested that I go to another channel to record this show, or try Shoumi.... as they try to work out a solution. Other programs wont record on 517 either!!!
@Phil_in_Ottawa wrote:
I've had a problem with my Nextbox 3.0 and I have not seen anyone else mentioning it.

Several times now I've had shows scheduled to record but when I go to watch them, they are not in the list of recorded shows. But if I go into the list of scheduled shows, the show still shows as scheduled on the correct day at the correct time.

For example, tonight I had a show scheduled to record at 4:30 for one hour. At 7:00, I went to watch the show and it had not recorded. But the list of scheduled shows still showed the show scheduled at 4:30 today.

And it's not that the show does not air because on another instance of this problem, I tuned to the station and the show was playing.

I should add that a reboot of the box after the first time i had the problem fixed it for many days. But today the problem occurred again.

Any ideas? Thanks.