Nextbox 3 recording problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Nextbox 3 recording problems

@Sailorman wrote:

I would like change the end time to BEFORE the scheduled end date.  

No, there is no way to set the PVR to stop the recording before the end time on Navigatr, unless you're there, switch to the recording and "stop/save" the recording at the appropriate time, but that is often "risky".  Can you provide an example of why you would wish to do this?  With "Media Shrink" on the NB3, a few minutes of a programme take up very little space on the HDD.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm thinking of a scenario where you want to record just part of a show. An example is a news show that is several hours long and you want to record say the first hour.  If I select cancel in real time, will you be given the option to save what has already been recorded or will I lose everything?  

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I believe you're given the option to save.  Pretty easy to test - set a recording, go to it a few minutes after it starts, press stop and see what options come up. 

This is different from pausing live TV.  That's why I'm unsure what comes up in terms of options.  When pausing live TV, I've sometimes encountered an issue where the first part of the recording is not "saved" (even if it's under an hour), so I never "pause live TV" any more - always set a recording.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Sailorman wrote:

I'm thinking of a scenario where you want to record just part of a show. An example is a news show that is several hours long and you want to record say the first hour.  If I select cancel in real time, will you be given the option to save what has already been recorded or will I lose everything?  

Why not record the whole show, watch it and when you've seen enough stop it and delete?

Are you really low on disk space?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Sailorman wrote:

If you press "stop" you will be given the option to to"continue recording" or  "stop recording and save" or "stop recording and delete".

I've Been Around

I am new to Rogers been with bell for years, Rogers offered a better price for the same services I was getting with bell, and boy do I regret changing, have had nothing but problems with Rogers and only had the service for 1 month..

Recordings don't record half the time, box is always rebooting, or freezing.. Sick and tired of this already and want to go back to bell, willing to pay a bit higher price then put up with all this.. 

Like they say grass isn't always greener on the other side....

Highlighted

Hello Cindy1967,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I can completely understand your frustration here. Having a PVR that doesn't record kind of defeats the purpose of having a PVR! Having said that, what you're experiencing isn't normal, and should be a lot more reliable.

Please send us a PM to @CommunityHelps when you have a moment so we can check a few things out and run diagnostics. For more information on our Private Message system, check out this page.

RogersShaun