Nextbox 3 recording problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Nextbox 3 recording problems

I have just got my nextbox 3 and I can't figure out the recording features.  I can only record one program at a time using 'program' recording but when I select 'series' it will only take 'new' programs.   I really just want to record the same program each day or week, as the case may be, whether it be 'new' or not.

***Edited labels***

I'm a Regular

Re: Nextbox 3 recording problems

Change it from new to all programs.

I've Been Here Awhile

Where?  There are no options.  All the installation guy said was that I should use the 'settings' button.

I've Been Here Awhile

I know this is likely simple but I keep going around in circles.  Is there a manual anywhere?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not really.. if you can find any guides for the nextbox 2.0, its the same thing.

What you want to do.. is say you are going through the guide, and find say CSI, and you want to record the series, new and old.

You click OK on the remote, on that channel.. there should be an option there, to record series.

On the next screen, you have a bunch of options.  You can change it there from NEW to ALL episodes.  As well can choose the opion of this timeslot or ANY timeslot.  This channel or ANY channel.

I'm a Regular

I don't think there is any channel.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

sorry, you are right.

I was going from memory, didnt have the box infront of me.

I'm an Advisor

As Gdkitty said, there's a way to do it and his explanation sounds right. I have the NB 3 and can record anything I want, when I want, including programs, like the evening news, every day of the week. Just be patient and work your way through the sequence. There's at least 2 different ways you can set up a recording. The best one IMO is to get the program you want in the guide, then select it. All the available programming options show up there. There's also a couple of system-wide programming options in the settings menu, called PVR settings. They let you customize certain settings which become defaults when you schedule a recording.

I've Been Around

I am giving up. I pay $120 a month for cable - that's $1,440 a year - and sometimes I can't do something as simple as come hme from work and watch the news. I am constantly on the phone with Rogers, and finally last week I kicked the technician out of my house for insulting my gear.

Twice, with only 1 show taping, I decided to watch it 15 minutes towards the end. I started playing from the beginning where it displays that it is 45 minutes recorded. Within seconds, the status bar at the bottom starts flashing - and I get kicked out of my program - and worse - it then deletes all the recording except for 1 minute of it. I'm just furious that Rogers is using the general public to beta-test their hardware.

I think we need to start dealing with Rogers with our wallets. For every single day that the PVR and service doesn't do what it is supposed to do - call and ask for a credit.

I am suffering from Rogers-fatigue. This is a syndrome where I just can't deal with it anymore - because the box either rebotts when it is supposed to record, or it is downloading a firmware update and stalls locking up the box. Someone at Rogers needs to get their act together....

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Omg! I have the same problem as MarkMarc. It deletes all but 1 minute of any shows recorded between 2:00 am and 7:00 am. I hate hate hate this box. And when am watching a recorded show and near the end of the show, if I hit the skip back button twice, it skips to the end of the show. What useless programming. It is the most un-user-friendly technology I have ever encountered.