Nextbox 3 - forced resolution to 1080p issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Nextbox 3 - forced resolution to 1080p issue

@gp-se wrote:

I personally miss the old SARA firmware because it would output whatever was broadcast into it, and allow the TV to do the conversion.

As with all other providers, once you go to an HD guide, the output format is a single output format.  SARA is still SD, so it's possible to have "passthrough".

I've Been Here Awhile

I know this is an old thread but I think your solution is something that can help me as well. If this is the problem on my output how do I switch the PVR output to 1080i  . My TV screen is black and my display on the nextbox only shows the time. I'm up here at the trailer researching. I downloaded a picture of the rogers remote and don't see a specific button. Thank

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@imnor1:

1. With the box and TV off, disconnect the HDMI cable.

2. Connect a composite (yellow) cable (or any RCA cable like red/white, etc) from the box' composite (yellow) output to the TV's composite (yellow) input.  On some newer TVs the composite input is combined with the component video input, but the "green" input should be labelled as "composite".

3. Turn on the box and the TV and switch the TV to the composite input.  Since the composite output/cable can only carry 480i signals, you should be able to see your box/menu.

4. Using the Rogers remote, go into "Settings - Appearance" select 1080i instead of Auto. Button may be labelled "menu" instead of "settings?  If you have the newer RF remote, you may need to use the old remote if you can't get into "settings", although I believe you can even with the newer remote using "menu".

5. Turn off the TV and box, Disconnect composite cable.

6. Connect HDMI cable , turn the box and TV back on, and switch TV to HDMI input. 

You should then be able to see the 1080i signal.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you very much for your advice. When I get back home from the trailer I will try this. You should receive a follow up next week. Ron
I've Been Around

Just came across same issue with my LG TV... Rogers Tech support says it is a TV issue, where I see now that it is a Rogers one.  Has anyone been compensated? Bell is looking better all the time...