I know this is an old thread but I think your solution is something that can help me as well. If this is the problem on my output how do I switch the PVR output to 1080i . My TV screen is black and my display on the nextbox only shows the time. I'm up here at the trailer researching. I downloaded a picture of the rogers remote and don't see a specific button. Thank
1. With the box and TV off, disconnect the HDMI cable.
2. Connect a composite (yellow) cable (or any RCA cable like red/white, etc) from the box' composite (yellow) output to the TV's composite (yellow) input. On some newer TVs the composite input is combined with the component video input, but the "green" input should be labelled as "composite".
3. Turn on the box and the TV and switch the TV to the composite input. Since the composite output/cable can only carry 480i signals, you should be able to see your box/menu.
4. Using the Rogers remote, go into "Settings - Appearance" select 1080i instead of Auto. Button may be labelled "menu" instead of "settings? If you have the newer RF remote, you may need to use the old remote if you can't get into "settings", although I believe you can even with the newer remote using "menu".
5. Turn off the TV and box, Disconnect composite cable.
6. Connect HDMI cable , turn the box and TV back on, and switch TV to HDMI input.