Nextbox 3 Series Recordings

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

Nextbox 3 Series Recordings

In case anyone else experiences this, I've been having issues with setting up recordings for series. The last couple of times I've done it, when I look at scheduled recordings, nothing is there. After playing around with it, I eventually discovered that if I schedule a recording and leave it overnight, it's there the next day. Not sure why this is, but possibily something to do with guide info being downloaded? It doesn't seem to make sense as the recordings I've been setting up are for every day of the week in the same time slot and the info is definitely in the guide when I set it up. Anyone else experiencing this?

***Edited labels***

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Nextbox 3 Series Recordings

Is any member of the Community able to assist jimboden?

RogersDarrell

I'm an Advisor

RogersDarrell:

Thanks for your post, but I'm not actually looking for a solution. It's a funny problem. Specifically, I was having this problem on CTV channel 518 and it's happened more than once. As a test yesterday, I tried setting up exactly the same series recording on CTV channel 8 and it scheduled it immediately. So far, it's only happened to 518. I have lots of other series recordings and never had trouble setting them up.

I'm a Senior Advisor

RogersDarrell...

How about Rogers help US by getting the bugs fixed in this thing.

I'm an Advisor

Lurker:

What a radical idea (tongue firmly in cheek). Smiley LOL

I Plan to Stick Around

I think this happens because it seems to only download a week at a time for the TV guide.

So when you program it to record "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" it scours the downloaded content, looks for any episodes marked New, then schedules the recording. It doesn't know you're show is on until it downloads the updated guide info.

I'm an Advisor

SkaGoat:

I thought the same thing, but when I set up the recording starting the next day, the guide already shows the program for the next several days. As far as I can tell, the guide always goes 7 days out no matter what, which is why I think it's a strange problem. I've only had trouble with the one channel and all others work fine. I think, perhaps incorrectly, that the guide gets updated once a day, which is why we typically see DNLD in the display.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Im guessing its something buggy with setting it to record 518?  Since it seems to work on the lower channel version.

Which you would think would be the OPPOSITE.. as 518 is the TRUE HD channel.. and the lower one is just subbed over auto when you have an HD box..

I (well my wife) tends to set them to record on the lower channels, and hasnt really had an issue.. one or two speratic missing ones.. but the next weeks and after are fine. (may have been from naming issues on some of them)

I'm an Advisor

Gdkitty:

Thanks for your thoughts. The reason I tried channel 8 was just an experiment, but I'm going to watch the recording instead of 518 tonight to see if the audio is any better. I keep having trouble with audio on 518 more than any other channel, which is mystifying. One thing I've noticed during all the hassles with audio drop outs is that, often, a program will be perfectly fine for about the first 30-35 mintues, then drop outs start. I can't think of any logical explanation for it, though. Just got an update to 4.0.0.130 pushed to me last night, so am hoping for some improvement, but not holding my breath.

I'm an Advisor

OK, last night I recorded CTV News at 6 on both channel 8 and 518. First of all, Gdkitty, I don't understand your comment about 518 being the true HD channel, as channel 8 is also HD. There's absolutely no difference between them. Second, I first watched channel 8 and noticed a couple of audio glitches well into the broadcast at somewhere around 40 minutes. Once I finished watching the whole thing, I started up the channel 518 recording and fast forwarded to the same place where I got the audio glitches on channel 8. To my surprise, the glitches were there as well in exactly the same places. Not sure what the implications are, but it suggests the problem originates with CTV and is not caused by the Nextbox 3. I guess it could be argued that recording 2 different channels from the same source at the same time, will always produce the same result. Hmmm, certainly food for thought.

EDIT: Just read a post by Gdkitty in another thread stating that lower channels, if you have the HD package, are "auto-subbed" by the HD channels up in the 500 range. That means my test from last night is invalid.