Nextbox 3 Series Recordings

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nextbox 3 Series Recordings

I set to record (by series), but it does not record the program every week: (any day of week, This timeslot ) it will only record the show the same week, not every week.  I have to put in my recordings in every week or i miss the show.

I see under (By Series), it says change priority by using the 'B' button, but I can't make it work.  What am I doing wrong?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What is the series?

Just curious if it was sports, etc?  If the name is not the EXACT same every time.. series wont work.

(so some thing like baseball, etc.. say the TEAMS afterwards, etc... so it changes and doesnt work)

I Plan to Stick Around

Any show that you want to record the 'New Episodes' every week. If I want to record new episode of CSI every week, I have to go in every week and remember to record it because it won't pick it up every week even though I say record 'series' every week.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Odd

While it has ocassionaly missed a random one, the record by series does work on mine.

I have heard some have better issues by setting that one to record stand alone then go and modify by series.

(I know you won't SEE next weeks listed yet till prob the day before will show up with the symbol)

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@voyager1111 wrote:

Any show that you want to record the 'New Episodes' every week. If I want to record new episode of CSI every week, I have to go in every week and remember to record it because it won't pick it up every week even though I say record 'series' every week.

I presume you're talking about the NB3. I've found on the 8300, neither All episodes "First Run only on this channel", nor "On this channel this day this time slot" is 100% reliable. That's just the way it is.

Also, any Sunday evening show originating with CBS needs special handling because they all get pushed back up to an hour due to various stick-and-ball games running overtime, so you have to record everything out past the 11 o'clock news.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario