Nextbox 3 Series Recordings

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nextbox 3 Series Recordings

On Nextbox 8642 PVR, over the last number of months a problem has arisen wrt series recordings.

I have set series to record on, for example, Ch 8 (Auto HD CTV Toronto), and it shows in the guide as 3 solid circles on Ch 8.  But lately by the next day the series is changed to Ch 518.  It no longer shows as set up for recording on Ch 8 in the guide or the upcoming recordings.  I have "hidden" channel 518 (since it is essentially Ch 8 and I prefer the traditional numbers).  This happens with other channels too in a similar way.  Rogers Tech said they did some software changes a few months back that may have caused this and then they said they fixed it, but it does not look like they did.  Do others have this issue?  Have you found a fix?

Thanks,

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It was broken, fixed, and now broken again.

The 500 series channel is the HD version of the channel, the lower generally is the sd, the boxes just auto pull the HD feed when you watch it. (So you really are watching 5the 500 one)
Really there is no 'fix' that we can do. We have to wait for them to do it. 😞
But I should still record the series, just listed on the wrong number.

I have been checking to make sure they are set via the listing, rather than the guide to make sure.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Gdkitty.  We can only hope that Rogers Technical staff will be monitoring this and that they continue to investigate the issue - and rectify it.  It did work right before, and having the convenience to see in the Guide that the series recording you asked for is upcoming (on, for eg., Ch 😎 (not on hidden Ch 518), and then to be able to switch to that station while the recording is ongoing (eg, as I sometimes do with the News) without getting a too-many-items-being-watched-recorded message (if another recording is in parallel) would be great.  That is one of the important aspects of the Auto-HD feature.

All the best for the Holidays.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It seems like every time they play around with the channel lineup it breaks it again 😞
But yes, hopefully they do fix it again.

I have been pushing lately for a proper big forum, so we can properly report things like this.

You have a good holidays too.

I Plan to Stick Around

I notice that I can no longer record a tv series on my Netbox 2. Each show has to be programmed manually. Is this another firmware glitch or am I doing something wrong? 

-clammydog
I'm NOT a Rogers employee, my comments are my own.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not home, so cant check on my NB3 (same software), but you shoudl be able to...

You click on it on the guide.. on the pop up window.. no option, to record as series?

I Plan to Stick Around

I have the option to 'record' but the 'record series' option is no longer listed. This is on the Nextbox 2. Thanks.

-clammydog
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As i said.. the nextbox 2 and 3, both should act exactly the same in general.. they are on the same software.. the same menus, etc.

Just checked mine, and when i choose a program off the guide, the next window pops up, showing record as the first item, the record series as the 2nd item.

Have you tried rebooting the box yet?

I Plan to Stick Around

Okay, I figured out what the problem was. The 'record series' option shows up if I select a program directly from the guide (as you suggested), it does NOT show up if I search for a program then select record. I surprised I never noticed this before.

Thank you for your help!

-clammydog
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ah yes 🙂

You can still use the search, and then 'set a recording' from it.  If you then go into MODIFY the scheduled recording for it, you can then change it over to series there, i beleive.