Nextbox 3.0

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Nextbox 3.0

Of what use are the USB ports on the rear panel of the Nextbox unit?  Am I able to attach an external hardrive to the unit via USB?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Nextbox 3.0

While i really havent heard of anyone doing it... almost everyone adding extra storage to the NB3.. have done it via ESATA (as its a MUCh faster connection)..

I know the FIRST gen PVRs extended via USB.

So you MIGHT Be able to extend your storage that way...

Otherwise, they really are not used for anything...
Cisco makes them, with some POSSIBLE other usages.. but that software is not available on the rogers boxes.

I've Been Here Awhile

Interesting - I suspect that they have some use otherwise why would they be there?  Maybe the Cisco people might know.  Thanks for your reply.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Probably factory diagnostics or to load firmware.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Firmware as Oldyellr mentioned..

The SPECS from Cisco say that the boxes WOULD at some point support DLNA from it.. which POSSIBLY could then draw from a USB drive if it was hosting (and not playback only) but not sure if cisco even fully has released that feature, let alone rogers enabling it, etc.

Going back.. there have been many devices i have got, which have had a USB port on them, etc.. and even have said "For future capability".... in other words they put one there, INCASE they make something for the unit to actually use it..

Retired Moderator RogersSupriyo
Retired Moderator

Hello everyone,

The USB2.0 ports at the back of the Nextbox 3.0 are not enabled for data transfer. However, the ports can charge certain electronic devices like cellphones.

Please use the eSATA port to connect an external hard drive (PVR Extender).

Hope this helps!

I'm a Senior Contributor

HI,

I tried to record a song via the USB and lost almost all of my PVR recordings.....

(using a VR via USB (on VR ,not audio))

There is a .MSF (index file) on the VR now.

See

"LOST ALL BUT 2.5% of my PVR recordings – PLEASE HELP!!!"

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...