Nextbox 3.0 widespread failure

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Nextbox 3.0 widespread failure

This morning my box was not working and displaying PEnd. This evening I came home and it was still showing PEnd. I rebooted the box by unplugging it. Then I got a white Cisco screen with information about some software updates being downloaded and then about software failure. Then it displayed Ed98. Called Rogers, waited over 30 minutes on hold only to be told that there is a problem with all nextbox 3.0 boxes. Could they not have stated that in a message when you call in? Obviously this has been going on since this morning. Being on hold for so long only to be told that there is problem and there is no ETA for a solution is not very respectful.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Nextbox 3.0 widespread failure

Hello Eferrier

Wow so I guess we all with the Nextbox 3.0 will have this issue. Mine did the same, as I posted in the other thread, I left in a rush and never rebooted or anything.

They really need to step up their systems and start putting messages when calling in saying this and advice on what to do...
I Plan to Stick Around

Up and running now. Finally!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Eferrier

Mine is back up and running as well! Rebooted it and worked!!!
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Either mine updated ok.. or i never got the update.

All was fine here this am, through today, and this eve.

In the end, did it actually update the firmware version? wondering if they rolled it back.. (and that say, my area did not get it pushed out yet)

I Plan to Stick Around

Not sure whether it updated or not. How do you check? Don't know which version I had before, so I can't compare.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Eferrier

Thinking mine worked, it never did sadly. It showed me the Red bar below then shut off & rebooted to the CISCO white page saying "  FACTORY Staging System Information. Version 2.0.0.0503 Prod Thu Mar 28, 2013, 1:38:04 AM GMT. CableCARD Download: Not Triggered"

Host Download : Pending Download & then downloads up to 99% then fails with a ERRO-90 CRC error. Then it Restarts the update again & fails again at 99%. Did this over 5 times now,,,

Ungplugged the box & plugged it back int around 20+ times LOL. Looking at Rogers Faceobok page, seems many are posting this now which means the problem does not seem like its been fixed just yet unless they do it area by area which i doubt it. ( I live in Scarborough).

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Just a update!

So until 1am or so, the box was stuck at that error. Turned the tv off and left the box on. Just woke up now 5:25am and the box was off! Turned it on and it works! I guess either it took 5+ hours to fix it self OR they sent out a update to fix it. Either way it's fixed and I don't have this issue anymore. Calling Rogers while this is happening is useless as the reps will just say it's a widespread and nothing can be done. I didn't lose anything nor did I miss any programs. I can re watch a tv show or movie any time
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Seeing the one above error message.. with the CRC error...
Looks like the box was pushes out an update... and likely does a CRC consistancy check on the file.. and this was what was failing.. something corrupt on the file uploaded.

I Plan to Stick Around

Mine still didn't update and still stuck at either Cd98 or PEnd, different each time when I rebooted it.

There was a message saying you can Hold the DOWN button for 5 seconds to restart with the previous software, but I didn't want to do that and miss an update.  This box is buggy enough, almost as buggy as the Nextbox 2.0