Nextbox 3.0 surround sound issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Nextbox 3.0 surround sound issues

Somewhat helps.

Rebooting the box, seems to reset it.. and wil be on DD for a period of time.. before droping back again.

(there are a few people who have taken to just reboot it every night  now Smiley Tongue)

I've Been Around

I have this issue as well. I am disappointed in the fact that there has been no official movement on this issue. It is going to make plan renegotiations/ customer retention discussions very interesting.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This thread is rather old.

This issue WAS resolved with a firmware patch quite a while ago.

It should no longer drop from DD to PCM anymore.
I have yet to have it happen since the update.

Did you JUST get the box? Perhaps its been sitting there since before the updates, and they have yet been pushed out to it. (though they would usually happen on first boot up most of the time)

I Plan to Stick Around

Just got my Next Box 3.00 and my Yamaha surround sound disappeared. I see the digital audio out isn't possible. Did you get an audio cable that worked? My Playstation  and computer still have surround sound. Help. How great to see someone with similar system that had an answer as Rogers does not.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

How are each of the others connected into your surround sound?

I think the only options on the NB3 are via HDMI or the r/l RCA audio cables.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have HDMI which worked with my last PVR but the digital audio isn't available on the NB3. Will try RCA audio cable . The audio cables that came with the Yamaha don't fit. So trial and error, I expect. Thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Audio should work just fine via HDMI and the NB3.

I have my NB3, going via HDMI into my Yamaha surround sound, then hdmi out to the TV.

Surround sound works fine, as does passthrough.

I Plan to Stick Around

I think I have to wait for someone who has more knowledge than I have. The HDMI  from my TV is the cable connection, the HDM2 went into the old PVR  (and the NB) and the digital audio went from Yamaha into the old PVR for which there is no no outlet in the NB. Thank you for the direction, I don't have the experience to change things but I might play around more.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

How old is the yamaha surround sound?

Does it have HDMI on the back of it?

It SOUNDS like you had the audio out (via digital) to the surround sound...which is perfectly fine.. other than the new box can not do it.

Assuming that the yamaha does have HDMI on it.. that would be your best bet. 
Think of the yamaha as big splitter.  the PVR (and anything else) into it via HDMI (which does cary audio), and then a single HDMI out of it, into the TV.

I Plan to Stick Around

So hard to get through again this afternoon. I did make an error; the HDMI goes from tv to PS3 with a digital audio out to Yamaha, the HDM2 goes from tv to NB, the Yamaha does have HDMI but not in use. You are so patient, I will try some more but perhaps the PS3 complicates things. But you have said PVR and anything else. I'll let you know if I'm successful.