Nextbox 3.0 surround sound issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Nextbox 3.0 surround sound issues

Hello all,

I just finished getting my new nextbox 3.0. I have it hooked up to a Pioneer VSX-60 Elite receiver with a HDMi. I notice that I only get stereo sound and not surround. I have tried a new HDMI and still no fix. Anyone else see this or have a possible solution. With my old PVR there was never this issue. Thanks.

***Edited labels***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Nextbox 3.0 surround sound issues

Surround sound drop is a known issue (at least to users anyway...most Rogers reps will still deny there's any issue).  There's multiple threads about it here.

I Plan to Stick Around

Ok thanks, just did a reboot now the centre channel is working. Hopefully don't have to do this too often.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

People have had mixed results. Depends on how much you watch I guess.
I know a few which just reboot it every night before bed so its 100% good for another day.

Shouldn't have to, but until they push a fix.

I Plan to Stick Around

Gdkitty, does it make a difference if I leave the box on? Any suggestion are really appreciated. Thanks
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

ON on, vs in its off/standby state?

Possibly.. if its ON.. it would count as being USED.. and is where some have said, more watching, more chance of it happening.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well turning it off doesn't help....still happened...I guess it's a random thing. Be happy if Rogers ever deals with this. Thanks for the help this forum was more helpful than anything else I could find. It was driving me nuts. I wonder if using a fibre optic for sound instead of straight HDMI would do anything.?? But in my opinion it's a step backwards this system should be able to do everything with HDMI.
I Plan to Stick Around

Never mind...after doing some more reading looks like the only fix be it a temporary one is a reboot. I guess we just wait for a Rogers and the next big update that hopefully resolves this.
I Plan to Stick Around

Indeed.  Running an optical cable from the box to the receiver doesn't really make much of a difference.  Rogers is aware of the issue; I'm still having issues with intermittent dropped frames/skipped video so I had to call in to book another visit (getting a "senior tech" this time and they mentioned the "Other" setting for audio and video as 1080i.   I chuckled.  🙂

Would be nice for Rogers to light a fire under Cisco and get them to fix the issue.  It's only been HOW LONG now?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

the 5.1 surround issue, 1080i doesnt fix.. but some of the other audio/video skipping it sure does seem to.

The highest content from rogers, is in 1080i anyways, so your not gaining anything by setting it to 1080p