Nextbox 3.0 surround sound issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nextbox 3.0 surround sound issues

Ok thank you, as I didn't think it was a solution I left it in Dolby.
I Plan to Stick Around

Tech just left. All good now, apparently the satellite box missed a update sometime along the way and he resolved that. The issue with audio drops he admits there is nothing he can do. He also advised me that they do anticipate a patch to fix audio issues in April.
I'm an Advisor

D1pper:

It's good to hear that the tech is aware of the audio problem and thinks there's a fix coming soon. I'll believe it when someone here confirms it's actually fixed. I had a NB 3 for a few months and eventually returned it because of audio drop outs. I went back to my almost 10 year old SA8300HD PVR which coincidentally lost its hard drive after I started using it again. I installed a new hard drive in the box and it's working great.

I did like the NB 3 and hope Rogers gets the major problems fixed. It's been on the market for roughly 9 months, but progress seems awfully slow. I'd venture a guess that they don't even know what all its issues are, but I could be wrong. Smiley Wink

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well had a senior tech out once again today to fix a issue with the HD box. So far so good everything looks like it's working properly. He did mention that a update / patch is due out any day to resolve any on going issues that we have been experiencing with audio drop issues. God speed to all of us!!
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There is a update going out right now, ends in .109...

Changes some other things, but the audio issues is still pressent with it though Smiley Sad

I'm Here A Lot

Hello. I am experiencing the audio drop outs as well. Isn't everyone?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not everyone is.

All depends on your setup.

Are you running through a surround sound/soundbar?

What video setting do you have it set on? 1080p or 1080i?

I Plan to Stick Around

Problem:

Sound from Netbox 3.0 works fine with Sony Tv speaker. However, when connected to external reciever, the sound cuts out very frequently. Doesnt matter if live tv or recorded - both are frequent.

I have HDMI cable into reciever box, and speaker wire to reciever box. 

I have played with settings in Rogers box, but not getting Dolby digitial signal, rather LPCM per reciever display.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I'm a Senior Advisor

Its a known issue.  No reliable solution.

I Plan to Stick Around

Does restarting the box help ? as yet to do because of number of recoreded shows i still need to watch, but getting impatient and my be useless to keep them. - thanks