Nextbox 3.0 surround sound issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nextbox 3.0 surround sound issues

Trust me, I know.  Smiley Happy

I'm actually running it at 720p (which should be even less taxing for the box) and it's better but still skips frames.   I had this issue with my 8300 as well so Rogers agrees that they need to second a second level tech and have them switch the connection on my riser in the building because the signal strength is 'good' but there could be other issues.

I Plan to Stick Around

Just had to reboot again so this time I shared the experience with Rogers!! 1st person I spoke to said its a signal issue on my end and wanted to send a tech. I said don't bother let me talk with a Supervisor. The lady I spoke with was very nice, apologetic and said Rogers is very aware of this issue and she escalated a ticket for me. She also agreed with me that any type of tech wasn't going to resolve this problem that many of us are having. It's a software issue that they are trying to resolve on there end.

I know many of you have heard this before, but one more person voicing there opinion to Rogers wouldn't hurt.
I Plan to Stick Around

Don't know if this means anything, but today when I got home there was a automated message from Rogers left on my voice stating the problem that I had reported had been resolved. Well to those following this post the only problem I reported was "Audio Drop" constantly loosing my Center channel. Right now it's all working so I don't know if Rogers has finally resolved this issue and I no longer have to reboot to fix it.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

D1:

I got the same message today.  Guess what?  I lost Dolby Digital 1 hour after the call, which means the high paid so called engineer's did NOTHING at all!!!!!!

Nothing new tho, that probably was my 4th ticket since July or whenever the NB3 came out to be ignored!

I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry to hear that....still good here but who knows for how long. Good luck!!
I've Been Here Awhile

I just had a new TV and changed some audio set up as i previously had the audio on RCA cables from the NB3 to my amp - never had any problems with audio drop out.

I replaced my 'big' system with a polk soundbar and sub that had an optical input and my TV had the opt output so I connected the bar that way - major drop out! 

I read a few threads on this forum and as I saw there was a problem with the NB3 handling 5.1 on the HDMI output I connected the opt cable to the NB3 and for now it seems to have solved that issue.

The black flashes that people have had probs with have also gone away - that seems to be a problem with the NB3 upscaling 1080i to 1080p - and failing. So I set it to 1080i - seems to also have gone away. I also bought new HDMI cables - who knows if it's helping but anything to ensure the AV gaps go away.

I had no black flashes with my other TV but that was smaller - I think that there may be an issue with the NB3 not being able to out put a signal for the bigger TV sizes. 

I also second the call on Rogers to get this firmware issue sorted out. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well was working fine for the longest time, now in under 24 hrs hours I have had to reboot twice to fix the audio drop and crackling. Absolutely pathetic!!! So on the phone I went with Rogers again. Obviously this problem has not been resolved. They have admitted its a software problem yet the rocket scientist I was dealing with says they have a fix. Simply switch my sound from Dolby to other. That removes my centre channel completely!!!! Are u kidding me!!!!??? Needless to say I have a tech coming out today. I am not holding my breath.
I'm an Advisor

D1pper:

As I'm sure you know, switching audio to Other delivers 2 channel PCM. The Rogers rep you spoke with should know that.

I Plan to Stick Around

Oh I told him that you are not fixing the problem with that solution at all you are avoiding the issue. I told him that's like me saying the left turn signal in a car I just bought isn't working and you simply tell me "Don't turn left"
I'm an Advisor

D1pper:

Good analogy! Forgot to mention that rebooting the NB 3 also resets the audio back to Dolby Digital, but the menu still says it's Other. Possibly that's been fixed since I had mine, but I doubt it.