Nextbox 3.0 recordings marked "Null", dated 12/31, won't FFWD/Pause while recording

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nextbox 3.0 recordings marked "Null", dated 12/31, won't FFWD/Pause while recording

Have you reached the solution to "NULL" pls? I am still getting this and I cannot register more that one page on Nextbox 3.

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Nextbox 3.0 recordings marked "Null", dated 12/31, won't FFWD/Pause while recording

@squirrelTV wrote:

This problem is so annoying.  I exchanged for another box a few weeks ago after the old one kept getting the "unidentified null recordings" and not recording the scheduled ones.  Thought my problem would be over but it is happening again!!!  Came back from holiday today an was happy to find my scheduled programs have been recorded.  There were no "unidentified null recordings" when I started playing the recroded shows.  After watching a few and deleting after watching I was shocked to find the null recordings dated 12/31 - funny thing is I noticed at first there was 2 null files suddenly one more was added while I was scrolling the "list".

I rather have the old PVR back (the one before this NEXT box that could only record 2 shows at a time that's better than this unreliable machine).  What should I do??!!!!

SquirrelTV

@RogersArthur wrote:

Hi @squirrelTV,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Community Forums!

I understand the frustration generated by this situation and the inconveniences it may have caused you. Smiley Frustrated

We are working with our support group to resolving this issue and currently don't have an estimated time of the resolution, I myself hope it's before the new seasons of your favorite shows: The Good Wife, Criminal Minds etc. We will definitely keep you informed and update this thread once the issue is resolved, thank you for understanding.

Thank you for your patience, 

RogersArthur

Is there another PVR other than this NextBox 3.0.  If not I think I should change provider!!  Really spoiling my first day back from holiday!!!!!!!

Hello, @squirrelTV

Thank you for your patience, the fix which seems to work is rebooting the Nextbox. Our support group is aware of the issue and working towards the resolution. 

Regards,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

@RogersMoin wrote:

Hello, @squirrelTV

Thank you for your patience, the fix which seems to work is rebooting the Nextbox. Our support group is aware of the issue and working towards the resolution. 

Regards,

RogersMoin

Hi RogersMoin

Rebooting was what I did everytime but that's really acceptable when you have to do it almost daily and more unacceptable when you cannot rely on a recorder to record - I cannot remember any recorders I have used in the past had given me so much troubles.   I have to keep exchanging another box - may be that's why it's called Nextbox;=p - unfortunately none works.

SquirrelTV

I've Been Around

I have been having the exact same problem... rebooting does delete these "null" or "undefined" recordings and things seem to work for another week or so and then it fails to record a program again and it becomes another "null" or "undefined" recording.  I am on my 2ND box and same thing....SUPER FRUSTRATING! Not only that but many shows in SHOMI won't work either... keep getting emails apologizing that Rogers hasn't been to solve the issues yet...but no offers of compensation.  

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm reviving this thread as I've been getting this problem of old December 1969 recordings showing up on my 4K PVR and also my 8642HD PVR.  These can't be deleted but a reboot fixes it.

Also getting unresponsive pause and sometimes frozen displays on the 4K PVR which requires an unplug/replug to fix.

Anyone else?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Hwaiting : The 1969 recordings happen occasionally. See a sample link below and my response:  I'm assuming the reboot has cured the problem.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/PVR-storage-space/m-p/418972#M45668

As for other issues like pause/freezing, it may have something to do with your signal?  Many issues are related to poor signals in your home or neighbourhood and not the box.  Here's a link on that topic - you can check the signal yourself or by calling Rogers:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M422...

The latter issue can sometimes be related to a failing hard drive in the PVR, but the 4K PVR is relatively new and I wouldn't expect a hard drive issue this early, although not unheard of.  Also, a reboot should not be necessary.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@57wrote:

@Hwaiting : The 1969 recordings happen occasionally. See a sample link below and my response:  I'm assuming the reboot has cured the problem.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/PVR-storage-space/m-p/418972#M45668

As for other issues like pause/freezing, it may have something to do with your signal?  Many issues are related to poor signals in your home or neighbourhood and not the box.  Here's a link on that topic - you can check the signal yourself or by calling Rogers:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M422...

The latter issue can sometimes be related to a failing hard drive in the PVR, but the 4K PVR is relatively new and I wouldn't expect a hard drive issue this early, although not unheard of.  Also, a reboot should not be necessary.

Thanks.  I've been going into the service menu periodically to check the QAM signal levels and everything seems to be in spec.  Near 0dBs and high 30s SNRs.  Perhaps it's the HD but like you said, the 4K PVR is relatively new.

It does have a lot of recordings.  I'd hate to do a factory reset but I may have to try that if these symptoms continue.  A reboot does fix it but only temporarily.  Sometimes it lasts a week without further symptoms, sometimes only a day.  I changed a HD in one of my 8642s before, I'm wondering if changing the HD on the 4K PVR is as easy (I believe I own this 4K PVR also so a swap at the store is a no go).

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 14 in conversation