Nextbox 3.0 recordings marked "Null", dated 12/31, won't FFWD/Pause while recording

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Nextbox 3.0 recordings marked "Null", dated 12/31, won't FFWD/Pause while recording

These NULL listings seem to me to be some sort of corrupted file pointer.  The reboot cleans up the corrupted listing, but you end up losing the information on the file it was supposed to point to as well.

If your recordings make it past the NAVIGATR update, hopefully this issue is fixed.

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nextbox 3.0 recordings marked "Null", dated 12/31, won't FFWD/Pause while recording

I had the same problem today and my recording did not work. Is this because of the recent navigator upgrade which hasn't shown up on my pvr yet. From what I heard I don't want it. If I lose my recordings I will want to be compensated. Please don't do any upgrades till they have been thoroughly tested.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

When I record something new, I look at Recorded TV > Scheduled Recordings screen to ensure my new recording is scheduled. Some of my recording result is "Undefined" category with "0 time"  recording which I cannot delete it unless I go thru on/off switch, loading the Next Box again.  I know there is a limit of lines in Scheduled Recordings which the NextBox 3.0 could handle. Does anybody know this problem and how to hadle it I would appreciate.

By the way I replaced my NextBox once before and it has the  same problem.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Welcome to the Community @zavkal

We are aware of the issue and expect it to be fixed in a future update. Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA at this time.

In some cases rebooting the boxes has resolved the issue as well.

RogersAsif

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I hope you have seen the whole memo  not "Null" only. I hope your next update in going to fix Maximum  "Scheduled Recording" lines.  Or you should advise the max scheduled recording lines to the general public.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@zavkal wrote:

I hope you have seen the whole memo  not "Null" only. I hope your next update in going to fix Maximum  "Scheduled Recording" lines.  Or you should advise the max scheduled recording lines to the general public.

Hello @zavkal

If you a look at my post (#6) on page 1 you will see I have commented on the "undefined files" not only "null" .

We are always looking to improve our products and services, so thank you for the feedback.

Apologies for any inconveniences this has caused.

RogersAsif

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Dear RogersAsif,

I see you have the whole issue identified. One thing I forgot to tell you if "scheduled recording" is less 2 -3 screen pages long than I don't get the "Null" at all. Thats why I concluded that Nextbox 3.0 has some definite memory capacity to handle recording programming input.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Thank you very much for providing me this information @zavkal

I will have it passed along to the appropriate groups.

RogersAsif

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Obviously this is a problem shared by many.  I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago...

1.  found "null" files on the recorded list with no content and unable to delete

2.  all the scheduled recordings since the date of the first "null" file have not been recorded (so frustrated because they were my favorite programs!!)

Rogers sent a technician to my house who told me the only fix is to reset it to factory setting losing all my recorded programs and schedule.  He didn't give me any other option.  I thought the problem was fixed after that but no it happened again last night!!  This time I didn't call Rogers because after reading the discussions in this forum I knew they couldn't do anything but to reset it.  This time I tried reboot instead of reset to factory setting so I won't loose my recorded shows.  It worked - the "null" files were deleted.  I'm not sure when it will happen again though!  What I worry is that if it happens again when I'm not aware to reboot it then my scheduled recordings won't be recorded.  With all the "new seasons" of my favorite shows e.g. The Good Wife, Criminal Minds etc coming up and I cannot rely on this machine to record them is frustrating.  It DOESN'T MAKE SENSE that I have to reboot it all the time - it's like going back in times!!!   My friends who are using other providers like Bell never had any problem like this (and they have always used up to 98% capacity while I only use less than 10%!)  If Rogers can't fix it I think I should switch provider because I depend a lot on a good PVR, I don't have time to watch the shows in real time.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @squirrelTV,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Community Forums!

I understand the frustration generated by this situation and the inconveniences it may have caused you. Smiley Frustrated

We are working with our support group to resolving this issue and currently don't have an estimated time of the resolution, I myself hope it's before the new seasons of your favorite shows: The Good Wife, Criminal Minds etc. We will definitely keep you informed and update this thread once the issue is resolved, thank you for understanding.

Thank you for your patience, 

RogersArthur