Nextbox 3.0 recording issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Nextbox 3.0 recording issue

@gmostowich wrote:

hd pvr recording with navigatr

Is there anyway to manually set the recording time using navigatr?

Not possible with Navigatr.  I do not know if Navigatr will bring back a manual recording option.  If you hold down the "Page+" button, it'll skip 3 minute intervals every second, which should quickly get you to where you need to be in your recording.

I've Been Around

Is it possible to create a manual recording with a Nextbox 3.0? 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ho19 wrote:

Is it possible to create a manual recording with a Nextbox 3.0? 

No, not at this time.  See previous posts in this thread on the topic.

I've Been Here Awhile

This is very worry some! People are paying good money for what is supposed to be a "pvr"... all of a sudden the box decides what it'll record and won't record! Even recordings scheduled before this Rediculous update are now not recording! New shows set to record won't even record even if you sit on the chanel waiting for it to start! Oh and let's not forget they funny part! When it does start to record it's already been more than 5 minutes in some cases causing one to miss beginnings of any show!
Love how they haven't addressed this issue but are quick to give out netflix memberships! Where are the priorities
I'm a Senior Advisor

@user1759487 Lately I've missed recording some shows scheduled as first run, or "new" and have had to find repeats to record because they weren't flagged as "new".  I don't think it's Rogers fault, but the third party that supplies the listings. Then again, this time of year there are a lot of repeats instead of new episodes too.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

We had a lot of shows set up for recording that didn't record because the networks at the last moment decided to put a repeat in, in or in some case, they put in a repeat and called it new, so we have been watching our schuling in the lists frequently, as well as going through the guide and see what we find and the good favourite - Anwhere TV app to work with your pvr tecordings and see the grids.

I would agree, a lot of this mess recently is changing timing of show schedule - we lost one because they changed it to one minute before; We caught it and started the recording, but then couldn't pick it up on On Demand because On Demand was down, so we watched it off the laptop.  Crazy and unacceptable, but other than the On Demand issue, This definitely appeared to be the networks and schedule provider.

Bruce

I've Been Here Awhile

Hey guys,

I was wondering what a fix would be for my Rogers Netbox 3.0 I got it recently and hadn't tried the PVR functionality until last week. I would schedule something and not get a chance to see if it was indeed recorded and saved. However, over the weekend I tried looking at my recorded shows, and nothing. I then schedule something to record and monitor, and nothing... nothing records. I get the message saying "Scheduled recording" etc and on the Guide, you can see the program with the red circle on it.

Also from what I researched online, a red light is supposed to display on the front of your receiver box and that does not happen for me either. Another thing I don't have working is the Pause Live TV function. I press pause, it doesn't work... there are no error messages or anything.

So what is exactly happening? I did reboot, factory reset etc. I spoke with live chat and they told me to do the same steps again, and nothing worked. 

Does anyone here have any idea's? PVR is really important to me, as I fly so frequently, I miss my shows... going into a Rogers store to get another box will be an issue as well for a few days.

Anything else I can try tonight?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It seems to me like you don't have a PVR, where are you located, are you in Ontario or out East? You should go to a Rogers store when you get a change and swap for another Nextbox 3.0 PVR. Make sure you ask the store to give you a PVR model.

Does your Nextbox 3.0 say Cisco 9865 as the make/model?

I've Been Here Awhile

@gp-se Yes, it says Cisco 9865 and I'm located in Mississauga. 

I had one of those huge VCR looking ones before and upgraded to this. I went into the local rogers store and they handed me this.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@a310pilot wrote:

@gp-se Yes, it says Cisco 9865 and I'm located in Mississauga. 

I had one of those huge VCR looking ones before and upgraded to this. I went into the local rogers store and they handed me this.

@a310pilotthat should have PVR functionality. I would go to another Rogers store and swap it out.