Nextbox 3.0 recording issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Nextbox 3.0 recording issue

@Cap07 wrote:
I had a weird one. Apparently the PVR decided on it's own to record a half hour of Rogers Cable 10 last night.

Not sure if you were on Rogers 10 at any time last night, but a misplaced press of the record button may account for it...  Pretty easy to do.

I'm a Regular

Pretty rare that I watch Rogers Cable 10. More likely to watch the Pet Food Cooking Channel.

I've Been Here Awhile

Sorry, 'any time slot' was the original setting.  New epidodes only.

Since this is scheduled to record the series then why would it be a 5 minute recording twice (both prior to the time change) and fine for the others.

The debugging and user interaction testing processes both need some very drastic overhauling.

I Plan to Stick Around

I watched a recording and pressed Stop shortly before the ending. The display offered Delete (and maybe Watch and Manage, I'm not sure). I would have clicked on Delete except past experience told me it might not be for the show I had just watched. Sure enough -- the decription was different. The menu had jumped to the next recording. I had to scroll back to the show I had just watched in order to delete it. Many times recently I have watched a recording to the end, and the menu taht appears is for that recording, so Delete is for the recording I just finished. However, it's possible there were no subsequent recordings to switch to.  I don't know why Rogers insist on shoving Navigatr to customers, the old system was much better.

I Plan to Stick Around

I know that the next box 3 pvr can theoretically record up to 7 programs at.the same time but how many programs can be entered that record at different times. If I enter more than 7 they get entered in the list but do not have any info (date etc) attached to them. With my old sa 8300 I could enter many programs as long as no more than 2 recorded at the same time.

so what gives with the nextbox3???

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rammer wrote:

I know that the next box 3 pvr can theoretically record up to 7 programs at.the same time but how many programs can be entered that record at different times. If I enter more than 7 they get entered in the list but do not have any info (date etc) attached to them. With my old sa 8300 I could enter many programs as long as no more than 2 recorded at the same time.

so what gives with the nextbox3???

Hello : I suggest you familiarize yourself with the following links:

How To Navigatr: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

Navigatr Issues:  http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

How To CC:  http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

You can set as many recordings as you want (up to 8 recordings that occur at the same time)  Many people have 10's of scheduled recordings set on their 9865 (NextBox3).  If you set them as a series recording instead of as a single recording, you'll be able to see information in the tile like recording time, recording date, channel name.  Once you're finished watching the recording, delete it and select "cancel all scheduled recordings" on the right hand side of the tile.  This is a workaround for the lack of information in the tiles for single recordings. For series recordings (ones that you record daily or weekly, etc) this is obviously not necessary.

If a programme has not yet been recorded, the scheduled recordinga will be near the bottom of all of the tiles.  Use the down arrow to go down in your list one row at a time, or "page -" to go down one page (two rows) at a time.  When you're inside the (series) tile, there are tabs at the top for programmes that have been recorded and scheduled recordings. 

You can also use "AnyPlace Web" on your computer or AnyPlace/RAPTV on a tablet or mobile phone to see/schedule/delete lists of recordings/scheduled recordings where all of the information will show, regardless of if it's single or series.  AnyPlace is also very useful for searches.

AnyPlace: http://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/anyplace-tv/284?setLanguage=en

For additional information, see the links I've provided earlier in my post.  A few minutes spent on those links will save you hours of frustration.

Here's the long thread on Navigatr (the firmware that runs the NextBox3)

Navigatr Thread:   http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

I Plan to Stick Around

Just started having this problem.  My Nextbox doesn't stop recording shows when they are finished.  It happens randomly.  I noticed this because the Nextbox started filling up recently, but I wasn't recording anything new.  I'm usually only 20% full, but it jumped to over 40% full.  I found two shows - one had recorded for almost 2,400 minutes (40 hours) and another had recorded for 667 minutes.  These were both one hour shows.  I deleted them successfully, but have no idea what happened.  Any thoughts?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gordandmichele:

This happens occasionally.  A reboot will usually fix it and allow you to delete appropriately. (Settings - scroll up one to Troubleshooting - Diagnostics - Reboot when you're not recording anything and nothing's scheduled for the next 30 minutes).

We have not found a pattern to when this happens, but it's only happened to me once in couple of years. Others who are heavy users have reported it more often, but still pretty rare.

I Plan to Stick Around

Tried that. First long recording was last week. Rebooted twice before next long recording happened yesterday. Rebooted again. We'll see what happens next. I've had the box for a long time with no issues, then this started last week. Upgrade problem?
I've Been Around

hd pvr recording with navigatr

Is there anyway to manually set the recording time using navigatr? I would like to record a 4 hour portion of the Olympics coverage on TSN2, however, the guide has set the program to last 10 hours. Navigatr limits the recording options to "before scheduled start time" and "after scheduled end time".  

In this case, I would like the recording to start 4 hours after the start of the program and continue for 4 hours.

Could Rogers please reintegrate the a user-friendly manual recording function into the Navigatr?