Nextbox 3.0 recording issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Nextbox 3.0 recording issue

That is wierd.. wondering if they boxes are out of sync.

Try unpluging both. Plug in the NB3 first and let it fully come up.. then plug in the other one.

Give it a good hour or so.. 

And see how it is?

(sometime thing like this, can be due to bad signal.. not allowing them to communicate well with each other)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@remaxman I think i have it in there.. may be just worded a bit diferently.

Yeah, if you dont press delete or something say right away on any popup...and it goes back to the recodings screen,  the DEFAULT behavior is for it to go to the TOP of the list.. which may not be the one you just watched.

I've Been Around

When I set my new Nextbox to record a series, I need to be able to tell it to access my episodes that have already been recorded and to NOT record it again. How do I do that? (I was able to do it with my TiVo box way back in 2007 - so I hope this newest Rogers box can do it now!). Thanks.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That i know of.. no there really isnt a way.

It doesnt record any form of episode number, unless its in the description.. but nothing that compares.

If you set the series recording to record only NEW.. it should only record any NEW episodes that air, as new ones generally are marked in the guide as NEW.. and shouldnt record any older ones. 

But that would only get new.. if you say has season 2 of something recorded already, and you wanted it to record season 1, and any new season 3.. no, it cant do that.

I've Been Here Awhile

Set NB 3.0 with Navigatr to record Shades of Blue series.

-New episodes only

-This timeslot only

-Any Day

Here's what the Rogers box has recorded of this series

In reverse chronilogical order;

March 17 (scheduled) 9:00pm

March 10 (missed) 11:00pm, 5 minutes

March 3 (correct) 9:55pm, 70 minutes

February 18 (missed) 11:00pm, 5 minutes

February 11 (correct) 9:55pm, 70 minutes

February 4 (correct) 9:55pm, 70 minutes

January 28 (correct) 9:55pm, 70 minutes

All prior to this worked fine

Next week lists 'Shades of Blue' in scheduled recording but it's set for 9:00pm-10:00pm.  Globaltv.com still shows a 10:00pm start time.

The NB 3.0 with Navigatr is randomly switching the recording to different time, different length, still shows as a 'Shades of Blue' tile in the menu, and next week will record something different, in a different timeslot.

Any similar issues?  Could this be a user issue?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@leafcrazy wrote:

Next week lists 'Shades of Blue' in scheduled recording but it's set for 9:00pm-10:00pm.  Globaltv.com still shows a 10:00pm start time.

This is due to the change to DST this weekend. The times for all programming are "incorrect" for next week. It should correct on Sunday morning.  Check all your scheduled recordings on Sunday morning and wait until then to set any new recordings for next week.

FYI, I never rely on the "new" tag for recordings since it is often incorrect, either missing so that you miss the programme, or there on programming that is not new, so a repeat records.

You say you did "this timeslot", but I have no idea why it recorded at times that were different from "the actual timeslot".  Perhaps a portion of the programme overlapped into the timeslot?  Did you do "any timeslot"?  Again, I would rarely (actually never) combine "this timeslot" with "new" - I would use one or the other, or "any time" if the programme doesn't repeat often (or never repeats during the week) - deleting any duplicates afterwards.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@leafcrazy wrote:

Could that be because of the weird way Navigatr handles the time change coming up this weekend? The Zap2it Guide and my SARA Guide just skips an hour, but the Navigatr Guide doesn't and you're supposed to trust that everything will record correctly.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

Good call on the time change for next week, I gapped on that.

It doesn't explain why the NB 3.0 recorded at the wrong time on Feb 18th and March 10th, and for 5 minutes instead of the entire hour.  It's set to record the series, any new episode in any timeslot, on any day.  This is Thursdays at 10:00pm EST or DST as you pointed out starting next week.  The same thing has occured with another show but used Shades of Blue as the example.  Just wondered if there are similar issues experienced out there, or if my box is, or me, is the issue.  Other shows record just fine, at the set time and day, for the set duration.

Cheers. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

In post 25 you said "this timeslot". In your last post you say "any timeslot". Which is it?  If you originally did "this timeslot" then if the programme only overlaps into that timeslot for say 5 minutes, that explains the 5 minute recordings...

I'm an Enthusiast

I had a weird one. Apparently the PVR decided on it's own to record a half hour of Rogers Cable 10 last night.