Nextbox 3.0 recording issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Nextbox 3.0 recording issue

I'm glad I registered in this forum.

I used to have pixellation issues galore on whichever box I had. They then diminished/went away for the most part. Then I decided to get the "new" Nextbox 3.0.

Well guess what. THE PROBLEM IS BACK! Except this time, the screen goes black for about 3-5 seconds. On Saturday, Oct. 5th. I was watching the Montreal hockey game, when I counted 56 black screen stoppages.

How's that for frustration?

On additional item: I set up recordings; and the box chooses which recordings to do, and which to not do.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Have you had a tech out at all? Pixelization is almost alway signal related.

I've Been Around

On my third nextbox 3.0. First recorded a blank screen and and when you hit play it rebooted. Second had dropouts on recorded programs. One more problem and I'm switching to Bell.

I Plan to Stick Around

sounds like i got a mangled update - see below.

at this point the question is, is there any way to salvage the recordings on the fixed disc?

current symptoms:

everything was ok last night*

today, the pvr showed no saved recordings (there were numerous files saved, about 15% capacity).

it did however show the scheduled recordings.

attempting to sched a new recording produced insufficient space message.

ipad app listed the saved recordings ok, but free space as -1% (should have been 85% or so)

did a reboot (30 second power off)

all symptoms unchanged

after talking to tech support, did another reboot

same symptoms except ipad app now cant see the pvr

* yesterday afternoon when we powered on the box said it was downloading update.    we left it running, after a couple of hours it looked like it had finished but had not restarted    so we did soft power off and on (not reboot) and all seemed ok.

not sure if this points at firmware or fixed disc problem.

any ideas?

I've Been Around

Netbox 3.0 Recording Limitations.

Hi there, my Netbox 3.0 will only allow for 4 recordings at one time and if I am watching another channel while these 4 recordings are happening, the system will freeze and reboot.  I thought the allowance was 8 recordings. 

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hi @helenpersonal,

I apologize for the issues you are having with your Nextbox 3.0. Yes, you are able to record upto 8 shows but the fact that your box freezes and reboots while recording 4 shows sounds like a hardware issue. Does this happen every time? How long have you had the box for? I am suspecting that the hard drive in the box might be faulty. Also, which TV guide does your box have? Is it the RTN guide (Red/Black) or the new Navigatr guide? 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I'm an Enthusiast

The whole multiple recordings function is really hit and miss. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I've also seen scheduled recordings not record. The new menu is really really terrible. Does the person who designed it ever actually watch TV or is he strictly a web watcher?
I'm Here A Lot

We just upgraded to Nextbox 3 and have a 9865 HD box.  I'm having trouble adjusting to the new system.  The PVR is in the living room and we have a 'slave' box in a bedroom.   It is not consistent but several times I have gone to watch something recorded the night before and the display has the 'recorded'  area  on the left grayed out.  I can see that something has been recorded and when it was done .  I can also see what is scheduled.  Sometimes I can watch - sometimes I cannot.  Any suggestions?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

This has happened a few times to everyone in my family now. We have two netbox 3's pvr's. When watching a recorded program when it comes to the end the menu comes up and says watch or delete. So you delete it since you watched it right? Nope its the next recording in that series if you have recorded a few of them. So what have you done? You have delted the next recording leaving the first one you just watched there. What a pain. Kitty add this to youe the things that need to be fixed or changed list?

Steve
I'm an Advisor

Hello @remaxman,

I can confirm that this bug is biting a lot of us -- you should have heard my dad curse the first time he accidentally deleted something because of it! The only advice I can give is to slow down, and look for the "Watched" (top right of recorded item in list) or the full blue progress bar before deleting.