Nextbox 3.0: quick way to return to resume recorded programs?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Nextbox 3.0: quick way to return to resume recorded programs?

Well, I took your advice and sent a message to "Share a concern" to explain the problem I was having with the resume/watch function. Someone (I think his name is Dave) from Rogers called me 2 days later and arranged for a technician to come to check out the boxes. The technician went into the electric panel and did something and suddenly everything worked as it's supposed to. I asked him what he did and he said he had "exchanged the filter". No idea what that means but both boxes have been working perfectly ever since. I can resume an interrupted recording after using the pause or stop buttons, or even after turning the tv off. So the 4642HD box is now functioning just like the NextBox PVR has always done. It's not often Rogers gets compliments on here, and I know they have only done what they are supposed to do, but I have to acknowledge their quick and efficient response to my message on this occasion. And thank you for your suggestion to contact them in this way,

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Kellybhoy : Thanks for the feedback.  Sounds like one of the MoCa filters (that prevent your signal from going outside your home) was bad or wired incorrectly for your application.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

PVR doesn't resume playback at the right time

Hey all!

First-time post so I'm bound to miss some information.

Location; Ontario
Nextbox HD PVR

So what has been happening;
I record a show. I then watch some of the show recorded on the PVR.
I stop play, ie-change channel or turn off and come back
When I go back to the same show, it doesn't resume at the right spot. It resumes at about a quarter of the way through whatever show it was.

Basically;
I start and stop a recording. I go back to the same recording and it doesn't remember where I was.

Ideas or suggestions? 🙂

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Xpdpdp : It looks like your post was moved to this existing thread.  One way to be able to resume is to hit the "pause" button before leaving the programme. It should then remember where you were, provided you were more than a couple of minutes into the programme. See my earlier post - link below:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-quick-way-to-return-to-resume-recorded-programs/...

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Hitting the stop button also work works.