Nextbox 3.0 no picture

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nextbox 3.0 no picture

Thanks. Changed to 1080i but still no joy. I’m wondering if they are disabling the component ports in the boxes now. This is the second one I’ve tried. All I did was exchange the box for a new one because the old one was buzzing. I’ve checked the TV Inputs and they are set correctly and cables are correct on box. I give up

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It's possible you have a signal strength issue.  It's the source of most of the TV problems in these forums.  Call Rogers and have them check the signal at your home and in your neighbourhood.  Here's a post on the topic:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M42...

Perhaps you can explain in a bit more detail what your problems are. For example, are you able to see any channels?  Are the channels black or pixellating?  If you can see the user menu, then the signal is properly getting to the TV so the output is not disabled, but rather you're not able to tune the channel?

I Plan to Stick Around

absolutely nothing just black screen and digital audio from channel selected blind.

Hello, @rammer.

I'm guessing since you are doing it blind the appropriate video output is not selected.

Have you tried plugging in the Green component cable into the regular RCA video out as suggested in the solution post

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I believe that he stated that he selected the channel blind, but that the menu worked fine using the component video cables.  If he can see the menu and properly select 1080i then the output is working and there is some other issue.  If, as you say @RogersMoin ,  he is trying to change the menu "blind" then the solution of using a composite connection would definitely help to get the correct output.

I Plan to Stick Around

I was able to temporarily swap an hdmi  cable in to switch to 1080i but need component output due to limited hdmi inputs on TV. The component out put from the box  doesn’t seem to be producing a signal. This is the second replacement box that has not worked. I did some reasearch and found my DVD player has component output  capability so think I will continue to use hdmi on the box and switch dvd to component output. I didn’t want to do this as the usb connector is broken and can’t be updated. Oh well it was getting a little long in the tooth (model 880) so I guess i’ll Bite the bullet and get a new one. Consider this solved.l

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rammer  It would have been nice to have that sort of information a few posts ago, however, it is possible to purchase an HDMI switch or HDMI splitter which will feed two or more signals into one TV input.  It's usually best to purchase one that is powered and will handle the signals properly (has the appropriate specifications for your devices). These are relatively inexpensive on-line.

Let us know if those component cables work when using the DVD player, or whatever other resolution (pun intended) you come to.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

One other thought. If you used HDMI cables to set up the box, it's possible that the box "changed back" if you turned it off or whatever (due to HDMI handshake).  Therefore, why not try the "composite video" (yellow to yellow) connection (you can use any colour cable) to change the output format.  This was outlined in @RogersMoin 's previous post.