Nextbox 3.0 audio drop

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nextbox 3.0 audio drop

Gdkitty wrote:

On another form i frequent.. some people have been saying, that while still present.. it seems that the audio drops, have been lessening lately.. maybe a partial fix?

Nope.  Wouldn't agree here.  Tried to watch some stuff on the weekend and audio drops were happening MORE frequently.  Asked about an update from Rogers Tech Repair and was told nothing is happening at the moment.   Pathetic on Cisco's part for Rogers' "state of the art" product.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, it seemed good there for 3-4 days people reporting no drop outs. Then started back up again.
Sorry did not report back here on the change.

I Plan to Stick Around

I see the firmware was updated in early April but I am still experiencing audio issues. Are others still getting drops/cracks, etc?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

yup Smiley Sad

I'm Here A Lot

Wow. So many threads about audio dropouts. Any word on a fix from Rogers? How can they let the problem last so long on their top of the line box. It is driving me crazy. My yearly renewal is up in June and I am ready to switch to Bell. Between the audio dropouts and the 'not enough resources' problem my HD terminal gets when trying to play from the PVR this is really ridiculous!
I've Been Around

Interesting thread on the Nextbox 3 audio drops. 

NB3--->Denon AVR4806 --->Panny VT60

4642HD---> Denon AVR1910--->Panny LED

Wide, 1080P, top of the line HDMI 1.4 3D cables with ARC

Whole home setup with house completely rewired and a new drop installed

Happens only on local NB3 playback of recorded material when the NB3 starts recording another program or when the underlying live channel has high bandwidth content such as a sporting event. Resetting the NB3 temporarily clears the issue.

The 4806 has an input indicator array by audio channel on the front panel that shows the type of signal coming in verses what is going out. When the problem occurs the indicator array completely go out suggesting that there is a drop of all audio signals from the NB3. The secondary 4642HD has an HDMI 5.1 setup as well and does not experience dropouts when playing back content from the NB3 over the whole house system.

My conclusion is that the NB3 hardware buffers are having issues. Further speculation would include a lack of processing power or an inefficient audio compression algorithm implementation.

I await the firmware or software upgrade...failing that, the Cisco recall of NB3 boxes to upgrade buffer memory and/or processor engine.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Agreed.. this is something that ONLY effects the NB3.

NB2 or HD boxes, with the exact same SW version, are not effected.

Its ODD though.. IF it is a buffer or similar issue.. as the processing, etc on the NB3, is WAY ahead of the NB2.  The NB2 struggles with just changing a channel or menus, etc.. whereas the NB3 has little issue.

I have wondered if its more of an AUDIO PROCESSOR hardware issue Smiley Sad

I've Been Around

do u think there is a chance they can ever fix this.  I get audio cracks on almost all recordings

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

for the one issue.. changing the output to 1080i instead of 1080p, will remove some.

But the other drops.. we dont know Smiley Sad

I Plan to Stick Around

I am still having audio issues and after Rogers stated today that software fix in April should have solved the problem they now say that many are still having issues and they are pushing back to Cisco for another software update to fix audio issues.  No timeline on when this will happen.

Jim

Topic Stats