Nextbox 3.0 audio drop

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Nextbox 3.0 audio drop

@Cap07 : Are you using an AVR or Sound Bar, or are you listening to the TV speakers?

If an AVR go into Settings - Audio - Select Audio Output - Dolby Digital, Audio Range - Normal or Wide, Volume Control - Fixed

If a TV go into Settings Audio - Select Audio Output - Other, Audio Range - Narrow, Volume Control - Fixed.

When not recording, do a reboot of the box - Settings - Scroll up one to Troubleshooting - Reboot (Do not Restore Factory Settings as this will erase any settings and recordings).

Some channels are louder than others.  For example, I find 703 much louder than 707 (Stingray)

I'm a Regular

@57 wrote:

@Cap07 : Are you using an AVR or Sound Bar, or are you listening to the TV speakers?

If an AVR go into Settings - Audio - Select Audio Output - Dolby Digital, Audio Range - Normal or Wide, Volume Control - Fixed

If a TV go into Settings Audio - Select Audio Output - Other, Audio Range - Narrow, Volume Control - Fixed.

When not recording, do a reboot of the box - Settings - Scroll up one to Troubleshooting - Reboot (Do not Restore Factory Settings as this will erase any settings and recordings).

Some channels are louder than others.  For example, I find 703 much louder than 707 (Stingray)

Thanks. I'll try that.

I'm a Regular

I was using a Samsung soundbar and have disconnected it. Also replaced the PVR with another from Rogers Store. The sound variations are still noticeable so I'm wondering if it has something to do with the signal from Rogers. Has anyone else noticed this happening? I also noticed today while watching CNN that the picture was breaking up quite a bit. Not sure if this is happening on other stations or if it is connected to audio problem. I'm wondering if work on the system is being done in the neighbourhood again. That's happened before.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Cap07 :

1. There certainly is some variability in audio levels from channel to channel, sometimes even with various programmes if one is DD5.1 while another is DD2.0, etc.

2. If you have breakup in audio and video, it's likely that you have a signal issue at your home and/or neighbourhood.  Call Rogers and have them check your signal - they can do this remotely while you're on the phone.  Call them when it's happening because the signal can sometimes vary depending on the time of day (related to temperature, which can cause a poor connection when cold).  Here's the post on the topic of signal strength.  You can also check the signal strength yourself per the link to get a ballpark figure.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M42...

Topic Stats