Nextbox 3.0 audio drop

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nextbox 3.0 audio drop

It's pretty pathetic that a problem that's existed since Day One on Rogers' top of the line NextBox 3.0 still hasn't been fixed.  I've had one of these boxes since January or February and it's unacceptable that Rogers can't get Cisco to fix this problem. 

I'm willing to bet the NextBox 4.0 will be released before this gets fixed.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Wouldnt suprise me.

I think, this was just meant to be an 'interim' box.. between the NB2 (which was/is struggling) and the next thing.

HOPING that the next one, is a move to IP based delivery...

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm also having same problems with one of our channels we watch often. 

I'm really surprised that Rogers haven't fixed this since fall of 2013. Pathetic to be honest. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

Gdkitty wrote:

Wouldnt suprise me.

I think, this was just meant to be an 'interim' box.. between the NB2 (which was/is struggling) and the next thing.

HOPING that the next one, is a move to IP based delivery...

Not quite.  NB2 was the interim box.  NB3 is fully capable of IP transmission and is Cisco's flagship box.  Unfortunatly, the guide software ( Voyager Vantage) isn't thier flagship box software.  I'm hoping for a Snowflake-based guide from Rogers in the future....

....but the 9800 is here to stay for a while.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

True.. but yeah would need some changes to work fine.

Problem is that Cisco doesnt seem to have an equivelent just HD seperate box quite yet to pair with this.. anything much newer than the 4642.

I've Been Around

I'm having exactly the same problem. Tech was out, blamed the tv, implied I need a new one. Doesn't explain why input other than NB3 work. Have had to abandon my boses speakers and rely on components connection to nb3. Has anyone found a solution to this? Rogers tech seemed totally amazed. Does anyone know who I should contact to escalate this problem?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What type of audio drop are you experiencing?

There is a drop, where the audio will go from 5.1 DD to 2.0 PCM.
ONLY solution to fix this right now, is a reboot of the box... is something that needs to be software, etc fixed.  They have made strides to do so, but only helped lessen it a bit so far.

(there is also one, which seems to effect playback only, where audio and video cut out... this is usually fixed via chaning the video setting to 1080i).

There is not much of a escalation process... that is part of the problem currently.  From the last info i have from here and elsewhere.. the problem has been passed on to the apropriate parties... but when/how/if they can/are going to fix it? who knows.

I've Been Here Awhile

Yet another NextBox 3.0 user having audio drop problems, the Dolby 5.1 to PCM type. I do manually reboot the PVR daily and that does help but still annoying frequent. I have confirmed 1080i video and 'other' for audio selection.

Just waiting and hoping for a solution.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I don' know if this was answered on this long thread before, but I'm curious as to whether the audio drop or change from DD5.1 to 2.0 happens on HDMI feed or just the Toslink feed or both for the NB3?

I feed HDMI audio/video to my home theatre processor.     I've resisted the urge to upgrade from NB2 to NB3 given this particular issue going for so long now among others as well, so I'm still putting up with my NB2 being painfully slow, however quite stable these days.   On NB2 both HDMI and Toslink work well and without drops, so I don't want to give up stability to get a faster unit until these issues are put to bed.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@techguy001

It's both types of connection Smiley Sad

Topic Stats