Nextbox 3.0 audio drop

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Nextbox 3.0 audio drop

We were having terrible problems with audio dropouts with our NAD T747. I bypassed the audio from the HDMI and used an optical cable instead. Problem solved.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Bokehman wrote:

We were having terrible problems with audio dropouts with our NAD T747. I bypassed the audio from the HDMI and used an optical cable instead. Problem solved.

This will work for a while before you start getting the odd audio dropout here and there.  The problem seems to be happening less frequently (for me anyhow) by doing this but it was really bad up until a couple of weeks ago.

Ridiculous that Cisco and Rogers can't get this issue completely fixed almost a year later.  

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I installed the optical cable over 2 months ago. No problems since.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There are other users, who have used optical, and still reported it.

Are you double checking the surround sound itself, to see that its still getting a DD signal? or it may be stuck down on PCM

I've Been Around

OK my Net box 3.0 drops video completely, not just the audio. So I will be watching a recording and all of a sudden the screen goes black for a second or two. When it comes back, my TV displays that its on HDMI 2 before resuming play. Its incredibly annoying! Suggestions?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This is a different issue, and usually solvable.

Go into SETTINGS, then APPEARANCE, then TV mode.

Likely it is set on 1080p?

Change this down to 1080i.

This usually fixes it for most people.

I Plan to Stick Around

So, has the audio drop issue been resolve.  Is everybody good now?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As far as i am aware.. with the current firmware being pushed out.. the audio drop issues DOES appear to be fixed.

(may also have fixed the HDMI CEC issue as well)

I Plan to Stick Around

I am still getting occasional audio dropout. Happened last night while watching a recorded show.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There are/were two seperate issues with the audio drop.

The DD to PCM drop...

And the 1080p audio issue.

The DD drop issue, appears to have been resolved with the latest patch.  Not sure on the other though.

A) Go into settings, appearance, and make sure the TV mode is set to 1080i and not 1080p

B) Check to see if you have the latest firmware.. not sure if its been COMPLETELY pushed out yet to all.
You can do this by holding EXIT till you see the power light flashing, then press DOWN twice, then 2

You should see that the VERSION has been updated to 5.0.0.0123 if its on the latest.