Nextbox 3.0 Won't play recorded shows while recording

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Nextbox 3.0 Won't play recorded shows while recording

We just switched to the 3.0 this week and we are already starting to have problems with it.

Not to mention our first 3.0 was a dud and had to return it the same day.

When things are recording, and we want to watch recorded shows, the box won't play anything.

We've tried switching channels and we can't reboot since we are still recording a whole bunch of shows.

The screens just show up black and won't do anything.

Has anyone else had this issue?

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Nextbox 3.0 Won't play recorded shows while recording

I did have that once.. blank playback.. it was recording one thing at the time.. not sure if it was due to the recording or not..
Rebooted the box, recording did resume and playback.

It is ongoing that this is happening?

If you havent done a reboot yet, try that.

I'm Here A Lot

Happened once while I was recording 3 other shows and wanted to watch one of the ones I was recording. But last night it let me watch. Go figure!
I Plan to Stick Around

I just tried to watch a recording that was in progress. This used to be no problem. But now, with Navigatr, when I view the recording listing there is no Watch choice. I had to switch to the channel with the program, then use rewind to go back to the beginning of the program. How stupid!!!

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@jjmartin wrote:

I just tried to watch a recording that was in progress. This used to be no problem. But now, with Navigatr, when I view the recording listing there is no Watch choice. I had to switch to the channel with the program, then use rewind to go back to the beginning of the program. How stupid!!!

When select the show you are trying to watch across the top you will see 2 tabs, "Recorded" and "Scheduled".  It defaults to Recorded.  Go into Scheduled.  You will be able to watch a recording that is in progress from there.

See also Message 3 of:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

from Gdkitty.

I've Been Around

The recorded programs from Netbox 4 will not play properly 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@wilsonjoanne201: Would you please explain what happens?  Please go into details so we can help you properly

Do any of the recordings play?

Do they even start to play and there's picture breakup, or is there access to none of the recordings?

Is everything OK on live TV?

Often issues are related to a poor signal. Call Rogers and have them check the signal in your home and in your neighbourhood. Here's a post on the topic of poor signal.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M422...