Nextbox 3.0 Sound out of Sync

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

Re: Nextbox 3.0 Sound out of Sync

You routing your cable HDMI signal through your XBox One? This is known to have audio delay issues. Try going direct.

As I said - I have a Nextbox 2 to optical, rarely see this issue.
I'm an Advisor

I Plan to Stick Around

UPDATE - 2015.11.24 - 2pm ET

The technician on-site has completed work and the sound is no longer out of sync at this time. There were 2 issues invovled: 1) according to the phone and on-site technicians, my box's were not visible on the network. 2) an additional filter was required on the outside cable box (it is a cylinder-looking device that is attached to the cable connection that routes to my basement from outside). This was replaced.

This has fixed 2 major issues: 1) audio out of sync and 2) menu listing of recorded programs visible on both HD devices in my house.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The cylinder device added would be a MOCA filter.

This is installed to prevent people from OUTSIDE Your house, from potentially viewing anything on your PVRs from outside of your house, in the whole home setup.

That you have the whole home setup, would be why you could see recordings of the other boxes on each other.

If it was faulty.. could have been a signal issue of some sort then.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you Gdkitty. Very interesting.

I Plan to Stick Around

UPDATE: 2015.11.30

The audio sync issue has returned. However the sync between the HD box and PVR continues to work.

Tests using YouTube or Netflix streaming shows the audio is fine. The issue only exists when watching cable or PVR content. I will be calling Rogers tech support again this week when I can manage it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm..

Just a quick question.. this is not through a Surround sound or anything, right?

Just straight into a TV?

I Plan to Stick Around

No. I don't use this config in the house. Sound comes from 2 tower speakers.

Audio configuration is as follows:

TV (HDMI) to Rogers Cable Box (HDMI) to Xbox (Optical) to Stereo Reciever.

The Xbox is the content generater for streamed content, but in either case, ALL audio goes through the optical to the reciever, no matter the source of content (cable/PVR/streamed service).

I'm an Advisor

Hello again,

As per the link in my previous post, there is a known issue piping audio through the optical port on your Xbox One. No matter what you do, it WILL eventually cause the sync issue you described. 

Do you have an optical out on your cable box? If so, temporarily eliminate the XBOne and see if your issue goes away.

I know this sucks, but you need to start eliminating things until you find your issue. 

I Plan to Stick Around

There's no optical out on the NextBox, but what I could do is bypass the xbox to the reciever and test it. I'll do that tonight and post results. So basically go from the nextbox to the reciever. I will need to use standard AV cables, and my reciever is 12 years old.

But one thing to note is that having the Xbox since Dec 2014, and the NextBox since Aug 2014, I have NOT experienced issues until recently, when issues were happening on my network and technicians were forced to come on site. I would say from Dec 2014 -> Sep 2015, there was no issue. 

Also, if there was an issue with the optical on Xbox, why wouldn't this delay also occur for my Xbox apps like Netflix or Youtube? If the issue was the same pipe carring sound from the Xbox to the reciever, I would expect ALL audio to be affected, regardless of the type. However what is happening is that those services are perfectly synced audio. Ony when I play PVR or cable content does this happen.