Nextbox 3.0 Sound out of Sync

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Nextbox 3.0 Sound out of Sync

We've been having problems with our Nextbox frequently losing sync between the audio and visual.  We have to change the channel to fix it.  It seems to happen on most, if not all the channels that we watch.  It is our second Nextbox.  The first was replaced because the search function on the guide didn't work.  When we first installed this one, it didn't work either.  We've had it for about three months now and the sound problem didn't start until about four weeks ago.  We've tried rebooting, but no change.  Any suggestions?

***Edited labels***

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Nextbox 3.0 Sound out of Sync

Could be a bad HDMI cable.  What brand of TV do you have?  There have been reports that some Sony Bravia's have this problem with the N.B 3.0, and may require a firmware update.

Another thing you can try is by going into the diagnostic menu, and the very last menu is "Reset STB".  When you select that option, it tells you to press and hold the Select key for 5 seconds to reboot box.  Try that, and let the box fully reboot... it will re-sync the connection between box and tv.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the suggestion. 

Our TV is a Sharp Aquos.  We've rebooted, (again), not sure yet if it has worked as it is an intermittent problem.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The SEARCH feature wasnt likely broken on the first.. it usally takes 48 hours from install, for it to come up on the NB3.

There have been a few other audio issues with the NB3, it droping DD5.1.. .but only really heard one other person saying the out of sync thing, at least around here.

After the 48 hours, is the search still not working?

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, the search is working now - aside from the occassional missing shows as reported elsewhere on here.  We had a fiasco of a series of three Rogers tech for the installation.  The third tech didn't have a NextBox and didn't know what errors #001 and #008 were and so he called Rogers tech support for techs.  After waiting on hold for 40 minutes, they didn't know either?!?  I figured that errors #001 - #010 would be the first you would figure our, but I was wrong. They guessed there was a problem with our signal and scheduled another appointment, but the search started to work after a few days, so we cancelled the appointment.  The first guy installed a booster and then the second tech said our signal was too high and installed a reducer.  All of this and a huge billing problem that involved over 30 phone hours with Rogers staff leave me really hoping I don't have to go back there...

I'm a Senior Advisor

Does the sound get out of synch? Does the sound start out in synch, then the video starts to lag? That's a problem I experienced playing videos on an old computer that was underpowered.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

It starts out fine, then it will repeat about 2 seconds of the sound and then stays out of sync until we change the channel and change it back.  Sometimes it does this every 5-10 minutes, other times it is fine for hours.

It didn't happen after our second reboot last night, but I only watched for about an hour after that.  I'll post again if it starts up again.

Thanks!

I Plan to Stick Around

Please!!!  This problem is still happening.  It happens on a couple of channels more frequently than others - CTV Ottawa and the History channel.  A sound clip will repeat itself and then the picture and sound will be out of sync until we change the channel and then turn it back.  It will happen several times in a short period and then the sound will die completely.  The only way to get the sound back is to take the batteries out of the remote.  It isn't the batteries in the remote, changing them made no difference.  Help!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I watch stuff on this site a 1-2 others on the NB stuff.. while most of the problems is repeateable by many users.. your the only one i have heard with this specific issues... i am wondering if something is flakey with your unit.

I Plan to Stick Around

Our family is also experience out of sync audio. Happens watching any channel, or any PVR'd show. Not sure what the remedy is, but reboots do nothing.