Nextbox 3.0 - Remote Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Nextbox 3.0 - Remote Issues

Picked up my first of (4) Nextbox 3.0 on Friday. Took it home and set it up. Tried using the remote and it either worked intermittently or not at all. Switched remotes (I have several around the house, including two Harmony Remotes) and all worked exactly the same way. I switched out batteries, I re entered the 993 code, rebooted the box a couple times and the same issue continued. Called into the Repair line, and the rep asked me to do all of the same steps previously mentioned. I was surprised when he asked me to hit the buttons on the front of the box, I had to inform him there was only a Power button.

Went back to Retail and swapped the box (#2) a couple days later and had the same issue. Called in and got a truck roll for the next day, and TWO techs tried in vain. Even installed two more boxes (#3 and #4) all with the same remote issue and no way to fix it.

I went back to the store and picked up a 2.0

Early adopter issues???

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Nextbox 3.0 - Remote Issues

Possibly.  I have heard of at least ONE other with the same issue as you on the forums here..

But there are MANY others, who have not had a problem at all with it.

Trick is finding out WHAT is causing this.  Flakey boxes? Bad software install?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I'm the other guy with this problem. What is wierd is that it works fine all day then at night it craps out and the remotes don't work. Going for a new one tomorrow but the OP has me scared now.

Steve
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Oh.. that may make a difference then remaxman.

Its working fine durring the daytime hours, but only wierd at night?

I am WONDERING.. if this may be the TV issue i have seen a few times.

How new is the TV itself?  Is it one of those TVs which changes the lighting on itself based on the room lighting, etc.  Alot of the newer TVs have this feature.

A number of people have found that even on the 2.0, that it crapped out the remote (repeat presses, etc) with that on, on the TV.  It much do something wierd with the IR sensor, etc.

Sometimes it called ECO mode, or something similar.  Check your TV settings, and see if there is anything in there like that, and try turning it off and see if it fixes it..... its worth a shot.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Yes it does the diming. its a 54" Sony. Trying now....YOU ARE AN GENUIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Does it work???

Smiley Surprised

HAHAHA, from the other thread, i am guessing yes it did 😄

Hopefully the OP can try the same thing if he comes back.

I've Been Here Awhile

I have a 60 inch Samsung and the Energy Saving was already set to off. So this did not help, wish it did. 

What is interesting now, I am finding lag and intermittent behaviour on the Nextbox 2.0 now, which I never experienced prior to last week. 

I have changed remotes to verify (digital adapter remote, regular Rogers remote and my Harmony ONE and 620). and continue to experience this issue. 

Im at a loss right now of what else I can do.

Ive been a digital subscriber for over a decade and never came across this type of issue. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am at a loss..

Usually it either stems down to:

a BOX issue (which you have eliminated by swaping, unless by chance you got TWO bad boxes).

a signal issue, which the techs out should have fixed.

a remote issue (either the TV or the remote itself), which you have tested.

😞

If i can think of anything, or hear anything..i will let you know.
(do you have a smartphone? Use the remote app on there temporarily?)

I've Been Here Awhile

I even tried the app on my iPad and the remote lag continues there. 

Will have to call the Repair call centre and maybe they have been provided with a fix

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Slammer

Most of us tried calling Rogers & no fix was given. They told me to uninstall the app & reinstall it. Did not work at all.

Good luck tho & hopefully they give you a fix!!