Nextbox 3.0 PVR Skips: Recorded Playback Only

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Nextbox 3.0 PVR Skips: Recorded Playback Only

@sweetperry69 wrote:

I should mention that I have two TV's and cable is split from the same splitter. There is no issue with the other TV/Box. Plays beautifully. 

Just so we understand, do you have two Nextbox 3.0 PVRs with 2 TVs and one works fine but the other one does this intermittent skipping and stuff? Of not, which exact boxes do you have? Have you tried swapping the 2 boxes to rarrow it down if it's the box or cable?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

Sound cut-off or disappears after fast forwarding...

Hi everyone.

I have a Nextbox 3.0 receiver that we have been using for a while without issues, however... Over the past few weeks we have encountered an issue where the sound will either cut-off or disappear after fast forwarding a recorder show. This doesn't happen all the time, but when it does cut-out completely, the only resolution is to turn off the PVR and resume watching your recorded show.

Has anyone with a similar Nextbox 3.0 receiver experience this issue? Any thoughts from the community on how to resolve this issue?

Cheers!

I Plan to Stick Around

Looks like my post got moved here...

I just wanted to add that I have 2 other Nextbox 2.0 receivers (non-PVR) linked via whole home and I don't have this issue when fast-forwarding while viewing recorded shows.

Any thoughts, suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Radar2000 : I assume you're using an HDMI connection. Try unplugging/replugging the HDMI cable a couple of times and perhaps swap ends so that the end at the TV is now at the box.  You may have a handshake issue of some sort, or just a slightly poor connection due to oxidation. Try a different HDMI cable.  How long is your HDMI cable and what gauge is it?  If possible, try connecting analogue audio cables to some audio input to see if the audio is there for that source (red/white cables).