Nextbox 3.0 I set it to record a program but when I go to watch it, it's not on the list

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Nextbox 3.0 I set it to record a program but when I go to watch it, it's not on the list

Interesting.. I will see if i can notice any inconsistancies over the weekend here.

Only watched one while it was recording.. so cant attest to more working.. but when there was 2 things recording last night, I did see two of the boxes with the red dots showing they were recording on mine... 

At least what i was recording..

Who knows, the inconsistancies could be based on series schedule settings.. specific channel.. specific shows even.. who knows >.>

I'm an Advisor

Re: Nextbox 3.0 I set it to record a program but when I go to watch it, it's not on the list

Hello @Gdkitty,

The inconsistency got bad. I actually cancelled ALL scheduled recordings on Jan 20th, built a spreadsheet to track the shows that we watch, and scheduled 'em all in again on the Nextbox 3. Things seemed fine until Tuesday, when the 'missing record icon on guide' issue bit me. 

Got my printed spreadsheet on my side table, and am checking things out for the next few days too. 

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I had no problem with Blacklist.  It worked the same as Elementary. 

I wonder if recording as a 'series' makes a difference?  All my shows are programed one at a time.  Each evening I go through and set  the next nights recording schedule.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No, because my elementry, was a scheduled series one.  

The mystery continues

I'm an Advisor

Same here, Elementary was a scheduled series. 

I've Been Here Awhile

We used to be able to watch a program that had already started recording. For example, started recording at 9pm but then would start watching that same program from the beginning at 9:15. Now we can't. Is this a setting issue or is it a software change? It is an annoying change. 

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Shayno wrote:

We used to be able to watch a program that had already started recording. For example, started recording at 9pm but then would start watching that same program from the beginning at 9:15. Now we can't. Is this a setting issue or is it a software change? It is an annoying change. 

You can.

When you select the show it defaults to recorded tab.  It's not in this tab until the recording is finished.  Cursor up and over to scheduled tab.  You can watch it from there.

I'm an Advisor

The Navixxxx software only recognizes two states, scheduled and recorded,

I and others have tried, over the past year, to have Rogers tag a program as recorded as soon as it starts recording.  It is clear is is not scheduled anymore, so it must be recorded !

Rogers seemed to  listen to many of our other requests, but have ignored this one, without any explanation as why not. 

To view a program that is recording, you have to click a a few more times to  get to the scheduled tab and watch it from there !

I'm a Trusted Contributor

With the NextBox 2 if the program is schedule as a single recording (not as a series)  once it starts recording it is tagged as recorded and moves to the head of the line.  You would think that it wouldn't be that difficult to have it work the same way with series recordings. 

I'm an Advisor

@jays77 wrote:

With the NextBox 2 if the program is schedule as a single recording (not as a series)  once it starts recording it is tagged as recorded and moves to the head of the line.  You would think that it wouldn't be that difficult to have it work the same way with series recordings. 

With Rogers nothing is easy !

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 39 replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 14 in conversation