Nextbox 3.0 I set it to record a program but when I go to watch it, it's not on the list

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Nextbox 3.0 I set it to record a program but when I go to watch it, it's not on the list

I like to record a program and then go off and watch something else forma while until I can zap through the commercials. I don't seem to be able to do this anymore. I called and the support person said it isn't available under the new navigator "upgrade". I told her this was a "down grade". Fibe lets you do it and even Bruce Municipal Telecom in little Southampton lets you do it. Whazzup Rogers! I want that feature back or I'm switching to Bell.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nextbox 3.0 I set it to record a program but when I go to watch it, it's not on the list

Imshould have added "go off and watch and then come back while the first show is recording and watch it". In other words, access a program while it is being recorded. Apparently that is no longer supported. 

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Nextbox 3.0 I set it to record a program but when I go to watch it, it's not on the list

Let me see if I correctly understand what you are saying.
For example. If I set the Jays baseball game to record, then watch another show on a different channel or go and get some laundry started and come back an hour later to watch the game from the start, I will not be able to. It that correct?

If so. It would kind of make my PVR no better than a VCR. Just more expensive.
I'm an Advisor

If that's true, it defeats the purpose of a PVR. I still have the old SA8300HD PVR and use it that way all the time. I literally never watch anything live.

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Are you recording multiple shows?
If you have a NextBox 2.0... its limitation is 2 channel at same time.
2 record in total or 1 record and 1 surf.
The device capability is to handle 2 channels at any given time.

If you have the Nextbox 3.0
It allows you to handle 8 channels at any given time.
Record 8 channels or Record 7 channels and surf 1 channel.

If its the former, and you are already recording something, and then you record something else on another channel - you will be stuck in the second channel since Nextbox 2.0 will have reached its max capability.

If its the latter, then you have a possible software issue.

This is not "Navitagr" as far as I know. I have no issues with my Nextbox 3.0.

Hope this helps @Godsmo
I Plan to Stick Around

I have the Next Box 3 and everything was working just fine until the upgrade. Now I can't record a show, and while it's recording start watching it a bit later to dodge the commercials. Are you saying it still will do this? If so, great. But two Rogers techs have told me it's not part of the "upgrade". Help please
Rogers Employee

it is not part of the upgrade as in multiple recordings are not effected.
Perhaps that's what tech meant to say.
The 3.0 functionality (record up to 8 shows at the same time / record 7 shows and surf 1 channel) is function of the PVR box.
Navigatr should be UI (User Interface). It should not have removed it.
Your update may have caused an issue with the box, my recommendation would be to:
1. Power cycle (as it reloads software)
2. Change box at Rogers Plus store (but you lose any recordings as they are not transferrable)

I'll look into this further and get back to you - see what information I can find @Godsmo
I Plan to Stick Around

I rebooted both PVRs and the modem just for the heck of it. It did download some software at reboot but I still can't watch a recording in progess the way I used to. If this keeps up I will be making an appointment to get Fibe installed mi am not going to go to the Rogers store. I am not kidding. This is very annoying. Thanks for looking into it.
I Plan to Stick Around

Godsmo, I may be misunderstanding what you are attempting to do or how you are doing it but I know you can definitely start to watch a program while it is still recording. I just checked to confirm.

If you go to the recording list, the program(s) being recorded will have a red dot at the bottom of their box. If you click on that box it will come up with the option to Watch or Delete. Selecting Watch starts the recording from the start. 

Rogers Employee

What @TheArcher says, is what i found out as well. You can still watch the recording while it's still recording from the menu that states all your recording.
I haven't played enough with Navigatr to know which menu.

But the function isn't gone.
User Interface changed... that is all.