Nextbox 3.0 I set it to record a program but when I go to watch it, it's not on the list

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nextbox 3.0 I set it to record a program but when I go to watch it, it's not on the list

Hi Godsmo,

Did somebodt ask us, you know, customers, we who pay the effin frate for this crap, if we were 75% happy? I must have missed that.

Using "search" I found a prog that's on tomorrow and set it to record. I would prefer to watch it live if possible so today I brought up the entry in the schedule to obtain the time of day and channel. The ONLY information provided, other that the title, is tomorrow's date. A few clicks in the previous software would have revealed all the info I needed including the duration of the program. The only solution was to repeat the search, entering the title letter by letter until "search" located the correct program.

Yet another example of the retrograde change Rogers have foisted on us with zero consultation, much less any concern for the level of disatisfaction this move has created.

Please, if anyone above the level minions following a script has the slightest interest in customer satisfaction DO SOMETHING. Platitudes and insructional videos aren't cutting it. No video can instruct even the savviest of customers to perform functions that are not possible with the new Navigtr. And almost without exception NONE of the functions that are possible are made more simple. Those trying to convince us otherwise are just making themselves look stupid. No matter how often it's done, repeating a lie does not make it true.

I'm an Advisor

Re: Nextbox 3.0 I set it to record a program but when I go to watch it, it's not on the list

Hi @SWBR

Sounds like you are voting for the 4th choice as the #1 glitch in Navikrap.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Godsmo,

To watch from the beginning a program during the course of its being recorded: use the "list" function (alpha or chrono) and scroll to locate it by it's red (recording) icon. Highlight the tile and "select." This will open a menu with "watch" preselected. Activate "Ok/select" and the program will play from the beginning.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

@SWBR: That does not work for series recordings. Then there is no red dot on the tile.
I'm an Advisor

Since this thread is going round and round about trying to find the red dot numerous times, perhaps

human behaviour and the way Navikrap handles things being recorded are very very incompatible. 

One associates something thats happening now as close/nearby not burried deep (and deeper yet for series) in a  pile-of-tiles.  If something is near in time (i.e. now), you likely are accustomned to accessing it often/quckly /easily. 

That is the #1 reason Navikrap has to go or make a fundamantal change in how it handles shows recording now.

Since PVR behaviour is easier to change than human behaviour, Rogers has NO other choice ! 

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm having the same issues, start recording a programe that runs for 2 hours and then try to start watching it

1 hour later, with the new system I have to wait until the whole programe is recorded before I can watch it, where is the

upgrade with that?????

I've Been Here Awhile

I dont like that you can't watch what is being recorded like we used to get, come on Rogers, talk to your programers to put that feature back in

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No you dont have to wait. 
it is different though to find it.

You would go to your LIST.. and find the tile there for that specific program.. you may have to search around for it.. not 100% sure where..  if its one that you regularily have scheduled a head of time, should be nearer the top likely.  If its a manual set one.. may be elsewhere (havent really tested yet to see).
Go into that tile.
When you go into there, that recording will NOT show there on the RECORDED list.  
BUT, if you go over the tab to the SHCEDULED recordings, it should show you the item currently being recorded. 
Selecting it on there, should then give you the option to play it from there.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I had no problem last night.  I started recording Elementary, about half way through I clicked list.  it was the first tile showing and had the red dot in it.  Clicked on the tile then clicked watch.  It started at the begining of the show.

I'm an Advisor

Hello @jays77,

The problem seems sparrodic - I also recorded "Elementary" and it worked fine. 

BUT -- "The Blacklist" (set to record NEW episodes only, every week on same channel) did not show the "record" icon in the guide...yet still recorded.  The inconsistency kills me, and persists even after I cancel the recording and re-schedule it (or reboot the PVR).