Nextbox 3.0 HDPVR recordings not showing up on 4642HD box

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Nextbox 3.0 HDPVR recordings not showing up on 4642HD box

Subject says it all. The PVR (living room) shows the what's been recorded accurately but the 4642HD (bedroom) is not in sync. This issue is becoming quite annoying. I've read that rebooting might be a solution (which really isn't a solution). Anyway, I rebooted the 4642HD box & now the recording menus are even more out of sync. What gives Rogers?! We're paying good money for this. 

***Edited Labels***

Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

Re: Nextbox 3.0 HDPVR recordings not showing up on 4642HD box

Hi @rdms

To better help our understanding of the situation, I need to ask you a few questions.

1. When did the recordings start becoming out of sync?

2. What changes have you made recently to your Rogers Cable Services?

Let us know and we will be here to assist.

@RogersRoland

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersRoland wrote:

Hi @rdms

To better help our understanding of the situation, I need to ask you a few questions.

1. When did the recordings start becoming out of sync?

2. What changes have you made recently to your Rogers Cable Services?

Let us know and we will be here to assist.

@RogersRoland

Re 2:   Are you saying that changing your services will affect the Whole Home PVR functionality?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@rdms wrote:

Subject says it all. The PVR (living room) shows the what's been recorded accurately but the 4642HD (bedroom) is not in sync. This issue is becoming quite annoying. I've read that rebooting might be a solution (which really isn't a solution). Anyway, I rebooted the 4642HD box & now the recording menus are even more out of sync. What gives Rogers?! We're paying good money for this. 

Happens to me sometimes.  Rebooting does not help.

I find if I leave it alone it usually syncs up after a little while (about a day or so).

When I had the Whole Home PVR set up, the technician that came to install the filter, said that the additional boxes will sync up shortly.  They did not immediately sync.  He said the PVR will sync up the other boxes after it records something as this causes it to sync up the other boxes so they can see the newly recorded shows.

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersRoland,

Hard to tell when the syncing issues started but it has been more noticeable over the past couple of days. We have not changed our services. I know Rogers recently pushed out the new UI for the TV guide & recording ... maybe related? 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While the guide change could have effected it..

I have whole home, with 2 4642s in the house.. and all recordings were showing in under 24 hours at least.
(could have been less.. i just never looked at those boxes till close to the 24 hour point)

I Plan to Stick Around

So rebooted the 4642 box late yesterday afternoon ... as of 1:30pm today, it has not synced. In fact, for all the shows that we have recorded in the past, the 4642 box indicates there are no shows recorded ... even though the PVR shows all the recorded events. I'm at a loss for what to do ... again, this is not what I paid for.

I'm an Advisor

Hello @rdms,

Have a look at the front display of the box, to the left of the time - do you see a little "house" icon (below the power icon)?

It sounds like your Whole Home PVR functionality is broken. Either way, I suggest you call Rogers and have them dispatch a technician to fix it. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@robindp ... yep, both boxes have the house icon. Guess I'll have to call Rogers Smiley Sad

I'm an Advisor

I know - when Rogers came out to troubleshoot my whole home PVR issues last year, they replaced my splitters and MoCA filters then restarted (unplug, plug back in) all equipment. After 20-25 minutes, my whole home PVR began to work.

I hope things go well for you!