Nextbox 3.0 HD PVR (9865 HD) - Power Outages = HD not functioning...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Nextbox 3.0 HD PVR (9865 HD) - Power Outages = HD not functioning...

Nextbox 3.0 HD PVR (9865 HD DTVSA) - After Ottawa Hydro-One power outages (1-11-2019) all our "saved programs" and "future recordings" are gone. Rebooted several times but, fear HD not working. Purchased unit a few years ago.

Any suggestions on what to do next?

Spouse very unhappy...

Need Help ASAP!

...Ron 

***Added Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Nextbox 3.0 HD PVR (9865 HD) - Power Outages = HD not functioning...

I have the following comments/suggestions:

1. Anyone with a PVR should have it connected to a UPS to preclude head crashes or other damage when there are power surges or outages.

2. Try a few more Reboots and perhaps give Rogers a call to see if they can see your box properly. Is it able to boot and be used as a Tuner without PVR capability?

3. One you're sure the iHDD is shot, you could replace it. See the following thread on the topic:

https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/61-rogers-cable-tv-hd-pvr-discussion/211002-upgrade-replace-ihdd-98...

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank-you for the reply. I'm thinking of using it on the 2nd TV as "just a tuner" and renting a new NEXTBOX CISCO PVR 9865 HD for the main TV. The Rogers store yesterday were only interested in up selling me to Ignite... No help there!
I've Been Here Awhile

You would think this HD replacement would be a great business opportunity. Does anyone know if there is such a business in the Ottawa area? Rogers won't recommend anything.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There are only one or two stores that specialize in (advertize) that sort of thing in the GTA. Not sure if you'll find anything in Ottawa.  Anyone with electronics/computer experience should be able to follow the instructions in the link I provided in post 2 though, but, it might cost as much as a used unit since lots of people are selling 9865s (Kijiji) as they move to Ignite.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation