Nextbox 3.0 COnn, PEnd, and download

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Nextbox 3.0 COnn, PEnd, and download

NB3 keeps on this cycle (as what displayed) - "boot" for about 1-2 mins then "----" for about 10sec...just keep on this looping cycle "boot" then "----"... I did let it on for more than 5 hrs but no luck...still on the same cycle.

Any help?

I've Been Around

Hi there, I'm having an issue with my Rogers cable box. When it is first turned on, it takes 20 or more to finally get a signal and then works fine. I have tried a new box, rebooted it several times with no change. Not sure what the issue is since we had the smaller cable box hooked up awhile back and it worked fine. Any ideas?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Shider & @CMS1 :  These sorts of issues are almost always related to signal issues at your location or in your neighbourhood.  See the following post on that topic:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M422...

The 9865 requires the most signal, so the fact that a different box works, doesn't necessarily mean the signal is good enough for the 9865. Also, a swap may work for a short while, but if the signal's bad, then it'll usually stop working.  You can also do some testing in your home by moving the 9865 as close as possible to the demarcation point in your home to eliminate any splitters, etc.  You can also try moving it to the location of a working box if you have another working box.

In order to get past a "boot problem", you can sometimes try disconnecting the RF-coax cable from the box when the box is also unplugged. Then plug in the box to power it up, wait for a minute and then reconnect the RF-coax.  

You should call Rogers and have them check the signal in your home and in your neighbourhood.  This can be done remotely.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Shider wrote:

NB3 keeps on this cycle (as what displayed) - "boot" for about 1-2 mins then "----" for about 10sec...just keep on this looping cycle "boot" then "----"...

If the signal strength is shown to be good, as discussed in my previous post, I have heard of people having the "Boot" followed by "----" issue if their iHDD (internal hard disk drive) is bad.  How old is your 9865?  Have you heard the iHDD "clicking" recently?  Have you had any significant playback or recording issues recently? These are usually indications of a drive going bad.

I've Been Here Awhile

I have two 9865...on the same socket, the other one is working fine but the other was in "boot" - "----" cycle. So I presume that my signal is not an issue.

Thanks for highlighting possible issue - the iHDD, how I can resolve this? I am ok to reset everything, wipe out everything in my NB3 as long as it will get back working.  Looking forward for your further assistance.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just because one box works, doesn't mean you don't have a marginal signal that may cause the other box not to boot.  Check your signal per my previous link (on the good box if necessary).  Then call Rogers and have them check the signal in your home and neighbourhood.

If you're willing to lose everything (recordings, settings, favourites, etc), then you can do a factory reset, assuming you can get the bad 9865 to boot.  Go to Settings, up one to Troubleshooting, select Factory Reset, confirm.

If you can't get it to boot, then you can call Rogers and ask them to "force" a Factory Reset on that box. Make sure your other box is disconnected so that it is not affected by mistake.

If after all the testing/resetting, etc, your box still won't boot, then you can swap out the iHDD. See the following thread on how to do that.  PS. How old is your box and did you hear any odd noises from the iHDD or have issues recording/watching?

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/61-rogers-cable-tv-hd-pvr-discussion/211002-upgrade-replace-ihdd-986...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Nextbox 3 Error Message - Stuck on "PEnd"

Is there a software update for digital TV in effect? My PVR has been down since yesterday and after many reboots the box displays "PEnd" which can often mean a failed software update. Can somebody clarify please?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not positive if there is one going on right now or not (as I have moved to ignite)

Often with that issue, it can be an issue that to that particular box, its not getting a strong enough signal.

If you could move the box temporarily to another location, say even plug it right in where the signal comes into the house.. and see if it gets past that part.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Yes, my region of waterloo got a new version 6.7. something for the Nextbox 3.  Don't see what's new tho.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Danno :  It appears that there is new firmware available in some areas.  Version 6.7.0.0126.  If your box isn't booting properly, it's probably signal related as discussed in earlier posts of this thread.  Post 43 for example, as well as many other previous posts and mentioned above by @Gdkitty.