Nextbox 3.0 COnn, PEnd, and download

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Nextbox 3.0 COnn, PEnd, and download

@Cornfed wrote:
These are definitely the worst boxes ever. 1 purchased 3.0 stuck with this same issue. Definitely not a signal issue. Another purchased 3.0 work fine but it seems like the hard drive is dead, can't record watch any recordings without it freezing.

I own many super old boxes and they work great. The old silver pvrs are champs

I own a SA8300HD and a SA8300SD, which I've had for almost 8 years. Not a bit of trouble with either of them. And the SARA interface is so much simpler, with features the Nextbox Navigatr lacks. Sometimes change for the sake of change is not such a good idea. The only worthwhile Nextbox 3.0 feature is the ability to record and watch more shows at the same time, but even that has bugs that won't let you accurately schedule start and stop times.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

I ended moving the box closer to where the cable comes into the house and disconnected all of the stuff connected to the cable (modem; home monitoring; other cable box) and tried Granite's solution. BTW, the signal appeared to be stronger at this point.

After doing this a few times, low & behold, the box started to update. It had nothing to do with any scheduling at the head end. 

Keep trying and see if there is any way to boost you signal or cut down on interference.

I'm Here A Lot

Same problem. It was stuck on Pend now its stuck on Conn. Did every possible reboot with antena in withoùt antenna in. Rogers cant see the box.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Teddy2010 : If Rogers can't see your box, there is a signal/connection issue in your home or in your neighbourhood.  The signal from your box is not getting back to the head end, perhaps due to a bad splitter or cable, etc.  See the following previous link on checking signal, etc.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M422...

If you're not a technical person, it's very likely that you'll need to have Rogers into your home to check connections, signal etc.

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks. Rogers is coming on Saturday.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nextbox 3.0 COnn, PEnd, and download - UPDATE

So much for solving the issue. Since I responded, I have had the same problem about 4 or 5 times. When I finally get the box to update, I had problems with the hard drive in the PVR. Mid-September the whole box bricked and, try as I might, I could get the thing to work again. Ended up having to get a new PVR from Rogers. What annoys me most is that they no longer do the "rent to own" deal. The store clerk said it was because they had too many complaints about boxes bricking. I think Rogers just wants to keep getting the rental revenue!

I'm Here A Lot

I was told by Rogers telephone support that the Conn and Pend messages mean the box is dead.

Hi @dalziel66 and @Teddy2010,

Thanks for the updates! Keep us posted.

@Teddy2010, did you end up having a service call today?  Based on your last post I'm not sure if you kept the appointment or opted to swap out your box. 

@dalziel66, If you continue to experience any issues, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps and we can access your account to run some tests. For more information on our Private Message system, please see this page.

RogersShaun

I'm Here A Lot

I had the service call. I was told the box is dead. I was also told it was a sofyware uodate by a Rogers employee and the repair depot. I also had a box drop wholehome. Thats another issue. A technician came out for that issue and couldnt fix it. 2 boxes in less than a week with issues and a tier 2 tech bs ing me. Pretty fed up with bs, im 52 nit born yesterday.

Hello @Teddy2010,

Oh no! I know how frustrating it must be having your NextBox 3.0 PVR stop working all of a sudden. I know I rely pretty heavily on my PVR to catch up with all of my programs.

We would like to take a look at this for you to see what can be done to resolve this matter for you. Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps the next time you're online and we can take a closer look.

For more information on our private messaging system check out our blog.

RogersTony