Nextbox 3.0 Auto Convert Channels to HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Nextbox 3.0 Auto Convert Channels to HD

I did a search but couldn't find the answer.

I just upgraded from a Scientific Atlanta 8300 PVR (can't remember the entire company name) to a Nextbox 3.0.  All of the lower channels are shown in SD.  I have to go and find their HD equivalents somewhere in the upper channels to view them in HD.  Is there a way to get the SD channels to display in HD like how it was on the 8300 PVR?  Thanks.

***Added Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Nextbox 3.0 Auto Convert Channels to HD

I got ahold of support through a chat window. They reset some stuff and everything looks good now. All of my HD channels are displayed now on the lower channels. Life is good again.

Thank you for updating the Community @ds2chan!

We're happy to know your issue has been resolved Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

I've Been Around

nextbox update defaulted to SD for all channels

We just did the reboot after an auto-update, and all channels were letterboxed all around. Pressed Settings on the remote, and saw that the netbox was set to SD.  Most people (arguably all) have HD TVs if they have a nextbox.  I winder how many calls they got on this one.

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hello @ber490

Apologies for the inconvenience. Let us know if you need further assistance

RogersAsif

I'm an Enthusiast

Just replaced my NB3. All channels are letterboxed now or they have black bands on all four sides. We have a Sharp Aquos 1080i and I never had this problem before we changed PVRs used to be only SD channels had bands. If it's a settings issue under APPEARANCE, what are the correct ones?

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Cap07 wrote:

Just replaced my NB3. All channels are letterboxed now or they have black bands on all four sides. We have a Sharp Aquos 1080i and I never had this problem before we changed PVRs used to be only SD channels had bands. If it's a settings issue under APPEARANCE, what are the correct ones?

What kimd of canle are you using to connect?

Step 2, check Settings->Appearance->TV Type.  Should be set to 1080i if thats the max resolution of your tv.

I'm an Enthusiast

I won't mention any names but a tech told me it was the fault of my TV and I should call the company. Turns out I just needed to reboot my new NB3. Picture is back the way it was. Unfortunately, I still can't access On Demand menu, the Search function doesn't work and the Guide only shows three days of info. Other than that it's a marvel.

I've Been Here Awhile

What happens when you just go directly to channel 100?  What is displayed on your TV?

Try unplugging the power from your PVR, wait 1 min, and then plug it back in.  See if that helps at all.

I'm an Enthusiast

Just wasted three hours with techs. Now I have no sound and no picture and they're telling me it will cost me $50 to have a tech come over.