Nextbox 3.0 (9865 HD)- Installing PVR Expander

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: Nextbox 3.0 (9865 HD)- Installing PVR Expander

Thank you again, OLDYELLR!

I found the sizes (in sectors and in GB) for both the internal fixed PVR drive and for the PVR-E drive.

They are in the diagnostics screen!

I know the PVR-E drive is 1 TB

The PVR-E is listed first: (this is just info - not boot sequence)

WD (PVR-E)

[ ... ]

Removable: Yes

CAPACITY = 1953525168 SECTORS = [ ... <blank> ... ]

The Internal Temperature = 58 CELCIUS

"REMAPPED SECTOR COUNT" = 200

FIXED DISC:

[ ... ]

Removable: NO

CAPACITY = 1953525168 SECTORS (931 GB)

{Since BOTH drives have the same number of sectors, I assume that 931 GB is also the number of GBs for the PVR-E drive?}

The Internal Temperature = UNAVAILABLE

"REMAPPED SECTOR COUNT" = 100

QUESTION:

WD PVR-E:

[ ... ]

"REMAPPED SECTOR COUNT" = 200

FIXED (default) drive:

[ ... ]

"REMAPPED SECTOR COUNT" = 100

Do you know what the “REMAPPED SECTOR COUNT” means?

The INTERNAL TEMP. is UNAVAILABLE for the PVR fixed drive; whereas it is 58 Celsius for the WD (PVR-E)

I wonder if the boot sequence changed?

I have not found the info yet

Thanks!

I'm a Senior Advisor

How did you obtain this information?  Is that information your  Nextbox diagnostics gives you? If that's the case, you know the external drive is connected.  Do you want to h=know how full your external drive is? Maybe you can connect it with a SATA adapter to your PC USB port.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Contributor

Hi OLDYELLR,

Thank you.

I got the information from the diagnostic screens.

I *think* the "REMAPPED SECTOR COUNT" are damaged sectors(?)

With these 2 (TB) drives (and 1953525168 SECTORS per drive) 100 remapped in the fixed drive and 200 remapped in the WD PVR-E don't seem too bad (but I cannot remember IF there is an acceptable percentage IF this is what the phrase refers to?) Maybe none should be damaged?

"Do you want to h=know how full your external drive is? Maybe you can connect it with a SATA adapter to your PC USB port."

I'd like to know – but I am afraid to connect anything right now...

Maybe I can tell by the knowledge that 1 of my 6 movies was recorded months ago (before the PVR-E).

(2.5% of both drives are used up with 12 or 13 hours at this point.

I wonder how accurate the measurements are and also data storage being across both drives complicates it)  (That's why I think (IMHO) that if one records or deletes at this point there would be no hope of restoring recordings (due to a change in a new INDEX.MSF file.

I just calculated this: 2.5% of (2 X 931) GB

2.5 % of 1862 = 46.55 GBs(?)

I'll see what the screens show re: amount used per drive - they should show this!

I really appreciate your help!

Thank you!

I've Been Around

External hard drive compatible with Nextbox 3.0 

Hi,

I am trying to hook up an external hard drive to my cisco 9865HD but my box won't recognize it. Reading from past posts it mentions that I need a SATA drive and asking a geek squad all they mentioned was to get a SATA hard drive. I've also read about changing the hard drive internally but I'm not that computer savvy. Can someone please help me with what's compatible with my box?

Any help is greatly appreciated.