NextBox not working with Harmony Hub

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

NextBox not working with Harmony Hub

I have a Nextbox 9865HD (PVR) and the Nextbox 4642HD.  I recently purchased a Harmony Hub with remote as I found the Rogers Cable Remote was not working well with the soundbar or the FireTV.

I added mt TV and Soundbar first, with no issues.  The quick test of power on / power off worked fine.  I then tried the Rogers cable box (under Rogers NextBox 3.0, Cisco ####, and 9865HD).  The hub recognized all 3, however, when it came time to test Power on / Power Off, nothing happened.   I also try to program it by using the Rogers report as well.  It seemed like it passed, but still no activity when using the Harmony report or android app.

Anyone have an idea?  I tried the non-PVR cable box as well.  Same thing.

***Edited Labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: NextBox not working with Harmony Hub

Hello @mcleanap

Hmm that sounds odd. I have 2 Harmony Elite remotes which power both my 4K PVR boxes ( One is for my parents living room and one is for mine). The remotes communicate properly with the boxes.

Have you tried to reset the remote and hub? Have you also contacted Logitech Harmony support?
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes....I submitted a ticket to their support team. In the process of doing as you suggest. One thing is that it takes forever to initialize hub. Not sure why it takes so long. It usually stops, says error, then try again. Wait for 10 minutes, then it may or may not initialize.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The IR codes are the same between the remotes/boxes. (the NB2, 3, etc)

You could also try putting in one of the other box models and try it.

I've Been Here Awhile

I think I am getting somewhere.  It's recognizing many of the buttons....no idea why the power toggle is not working, but at least I know it's picking it up now.

I've Been Here Awhile

Ok. It's pretty much working now. Positioning of the hub was very specific.

The only thing that doesn't work is the power toggle for the Rogers cable box. Every other command works for all devices.

Anyone else face the same?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It could be possible that you have an IR interference issue, especially if the positioning was critical. Have a look at the following post on the topic:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/14-hdtv-high-definition-television-including-lcd-plasma/64463-your-l...

What happens if you press the "Help" button. Does it try the power toggle again?  Can you confirm that the remote is properly programmed to send the power toggle signal?

I'm Here A Lot

I have a Playstation 3 with a Logitech Harmony Adapter that allows remote controll programming not using Blietooth i believe its RF. Now how do you program the Rogers remote to this DVD - Gaming console. Thank you