NextBox - Unable to Delete Recording

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: NextBox - Unable to Delete Recording

RE-BOOTING DIDN'T WORK!

On an 8642HD Nextbox  the daily show "Marilyn Denis" was recorded as a series. There were 10 recordings which are usually viewed at night or on the weekend. After watching one of the series, it could not be deleted even though the user said she pressed the buttons slowly due to the perpetual signal delay.  The Nextbox was then rebooted, which is now standard practice for us, but it would still not delete the series recording.  

I took the remote and kept pressing delete-select, yes-select to see if the software was just not receiving the to signal due to signal delays.  After about 8 attempts to delete, it finally reacted and the programmed recordings went down to 9.  

We have a 9865HD and 8642HD Nextbox and the 8642 is painfully slow to react to user commands. The responsiveness is so bad it took us 30 minutes in total to delete this one program.   

Thanks to the RE's who are trying to help, but Rogers really must address these problems. I am not being paid or credited to do this beta testing for Rogers to find these errors. 

For gdkitty, you can add  this issue to your list. Has anyone from Rogers given you any indication that they are actually doing something about this malaise? So far, I have received nothing from Rogers about these problems.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have noticed same problem, if you really want the system to react go to anyplace TV manage PVR and it actually works.I have Cisco Explore 4642 HD and it runs like a dinasour ,very dissapointed have 2 of these boxes own one of them. The truth is if you want the system to respond you have to run 3.0 boxes I personaly beleive the new Navigator is only suited to 3.0 box 

Here is a workaround while we are waiting for Rogers to do something about this Navigatr malaise: 

Start watching the program, then you can press delete, to get rid of it.  

Having to create your own workarounds for this device is unbelieveable!

Redbury11

Thanks. I noted that Rogers Anyplace TV™ Home Edition is offered at no additional cost with your Digital TV package (excluding Digital Starter Package) . However, there seem to be issues with synchronization, delays, and fewer channel choices.  I originally had the 4642HD box with a Seagate External Storage Device but after a Rogers upgrade I lost the Index and all the programs on the Seagate Extender. They apologized!  I have lost faith in Rogers capability for software integration. There are so many software glitches with Rogers Navigatr, that I don't want to try Rogers Anyplace TV™  right now. Better the devil I know than the devil I don't know.

After a Rogers upgrade last week I needed to readjust the picture size. 

I noted that the supposedly better progressive1080p HDTV on Settings - Appearance - TV Type caused the picture to have a constant and regular flicker, plus an audio "click" sound. The interlaced1080i HDTV setting worked better. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I must be lucky I have 4 services on my cable line, home phone,cable,Internet, and home monitoring, I live on end unit condos (overgrown townhouses)the cable box is outside my unit.I had strange signal problems. A tech ran a separate line (still on the ground) drilled hole in building (not allowed) and I still had signal problem. Secondary team came replaced whole board in cabinet.Then they turned up signal somewhere in neighbourhood.I have 55 inch 3D Panasonic. On 1080p I am enjoying a clearer picture then ever.I have the Samsung 1000 watt surround with analog tube amps and have had no audio issues.Hey just trying to say something is qworking well.Even if there is no such thing as 1080p TV it seems to have upscaled the picture.Some channels are now claiming, that is TV says are sending 3D signal.lol I can convert all channels to 3D works sometimes but 3D does give you headache.
I Plan to Stick Around

It works just like remote try it, just sign on pick PVR and it will work and works much faster then remote.
I Plan to Stick Around

As of yesterday, I can't always delete my recordings as I watch them. Sometime it works and other times it doesn't. When it doesn't work, I get a message saying "XXX cannot be deleted right now. It is currently being viewed" but I've actually finished watching.

If I select "Watch", then I get the message saying "XXX cannot be viewed right now. The progam may have been deleted or there may not be enough resources available"

I'm in Mississauga, I'm on the new Navigatr, and I have a Nextbox 2 and a Nextbox 3, neither of which will delete shows.

Any suggestions other than rebooting the box which I've done about 5 times!

I'm an Advisor

Hello @KWoo,

KWoo wrote:

As of yesterday, I can't always delete my recordings as I watch them....If I select "Watch", then I get the message saying "XXX cannot be viewed right now. The program may have been deleted or there may not be enough resources available"...Any suggestions other than rebooting the box which I've done about 5 times!

I was getting this issue and resolved it by:

- Rebooting the box (sorry Smiley Happy),

- Deleting all watched shows (optional - to clean up the box and free space),

- Deleting ALL scheduled recording triggers (manually via scheduled recordings tab, or via "Cancel all Scheduled Recordings" on right side of screen inside tiles for each show),

- Setting all programs to record again via "Rogers Home Edition" app on iPad (or manually via the guide).

Try the above on a specific program that is giving you trouble, and then wait for a new episode to record. Does this help resolve the problem?

ALSO - don't forget to scroll all the way down on the Recordings screen and look for & DELETE "zombie" scheduled recording triggers (usually just a picture or blank tile, with no recorded content or scheduled items inside it). 

Please let us know how you made out!

I Plan to Stick Around

@robindp

Thanks for your suggestions but unfortunately none of them worked for me - I had tried all of them before posting.

I reported the problem to Rogers and they escalated the issue to Engineering; within 24 hours I received an email response advising the problem was resolved. Of course when I got home from work tonight, nothing had changed and the problem was still ongoing.

I called Rogers again and, as expected, my two options are 1) swap out the box or 2) do a factory reset - both of which mean I lose all my recordings AGAIN!

At least I can still watch recordings and the PVR records shows that were set previously. So, for now, I'm continuing to hope that somehow a new software update will magically resolve the problems.

Topic Stats