NextBox TV Listings

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LisaVS
I Plan to Stick Around

NextBox TV Listings

Is anyone else noticing that NextBox tv listings are a mess? Several listings describe programs that are supposed to be airing in real time but when I go to that cable channel there’s a completely different program being aired. This happens daily on about a dozen or so cable channels. I see my NextBox downloading new data at around 3:00 am overnight, but the data is ALL WRONG. When Property Brothers is listed at 2:00pm on HGTV, I click on the listing only to see a completely different show. What should I do?

I’m paying $18 monthly for this. Why does this keep happening on so many channels?

***Added Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: NextBox TV Listings

There's a huge thread on the topic in the link below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/IPG-Inconsistencies/td-p/350863/page/17

This has been going on for years. If it's programming you care about, post the (exact) issue in that thread and Rogers may fix it.  Don't use generalities, write specifics - channels, programming, times, etc. You can also try "share a concern" or PM'ing the mods on this forum.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contactus/share-a-concern

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/Get-to-know-your-Community-How-To...

Basically, Rogers doesn't seem to care much unless you complain and even then, they now care more about their new IgniteTV service.  The issue gets to be especially bad when:

- A new TV season starts,

- A TV season ends and reruns start (like Christmas or summer, or any "season end"). 

- In other words, whenever "things change".

It appears that this is done partially manually and someone needs to wake that person up once in a while to fix things.  😉

ReneHache
I Plan to Stick Around

It's not just on Rogers, those also happen on Zap2it and TV Passport, so it's not a Rogers issue, I notice it on DIY Canada 2 days ago. Only the Official site had the right schedule information. The biggest issue with those wrong data is when you want to set your PVR to record shows...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ReneHache wrote:

...it's not a Rogers issue

It is to a certain extent. For example, the Ignite listings are way more accurate than Anyplace, which is more accurate than the IPG on the digital boxes.  All from Rogers. There should be no reason for the bad digital cable IPG information since accurate information is available to Rogers, but digital cable IPG is much worse.

LisaVS
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks RE. I’m reading through those convos today. It’s so frustrating that Rogers doesn’t seem to give a . about their NextBox issues.
LisaVS
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks RE. I’m checking out that thread now.
Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The Nextboxes are on their way out the door.  Rogers has already written off $500 million in an attempt to create a modern interface for the Nextbox.  That was abandoned and the end result is that Rogers has licensed Comcast's system, which has been termed "Ignite TV".  So, if there are Nextbox issues, they will probably have a very low priority in terms of assigning any resources to fix the issue, if at all. 

LisaVS
I Plan to Stick Around

I already assumed it wasn’t JUST Rogers’ fault because I know they only can list what these cable channels send them. However I notice that it’s always the Corus-owned channels that list incorrect data. Channels like DIY, FYI, HGTV, History, NatGeo, Slice, W etc. I’m in Toronto and the listings are a mess.
LisaVS
I Plan to Stick Around

I’m a tech moron so could you tell me what the acronym IPG means? Thanks.
Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57 is the expert on this subject, so hopefully he'll chime in here.  IPG is an interactive program guide, or, basically, the menu that you navigate thru to determine what programs are available and when.  Here's a wikipedia reference:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_program_guide 

Fwiw, @57 is routinely complaining about the state of the program guides and the errors that keep coming up.