NextBox PVR questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: NextBox PVR questions

Ok, just making sure, as some people have a different login.. and it needs to be the one tied with the account

There is the reload/sync button in the settings, ,could try doing that.

I'm Here A Lot

Nope.  Refreshing does nothing.  One more point...................my iPad has no SIM card, but runs wifi off my Rogers wireless modem.  My iPhone has a Telus SIM card, but also always runs wifi off my Rogers modem.  I've never had Rogers out here to set up a "whole home" experience.  The only HD PVR is connected to my main TV in the living room and that's the only one I want to be able to control.  The set in the bedroom is hardly ever in use.  (a few minutes later) Oh for crying out loud!  I just went into the bedroom and the app DOES recognize and control that HD box.  But it's not a PVR box like the Cisco 8642HD, so I'm not interested.  Which leads me to........................is there some issue with Cisco 8642HD box?

dariad
I'm Here A Lot

Well, well well.  I just went through the WHOLE Rogers FAQ list and found this answer:

The Remote TV Manager service is coming soon for the Cisco 8642HD PVR.

Apparently it's not even available yet, which is why it's not being recognized.  This was buried on page 6 of the FAQ (typical).

dariad
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The FAQ is old and inaccurate.

I have 2 4642s and 1 8642.  All 3 show up on the app.  the 8642s do now work on the app (mabe just not at the time of making the FAQ.

I have only used the remote function 1-2 times (when i cant find the regular one after my 2 year old son has hid it).. i have used the schedule recording from work a number of times.

That there is no sim in it, etc.. shouldnt matter.  I have used the android tablet version which my android doesnt have the option at all, and it works.  when i have programed from work, was on wifi, on a bell internet.

I'm Here A Lot

Yes....so I see.  Still, it is not being recognized.  So now what?  How do I fix it?

dariad
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

not sure.. you have tried most of the things..

Only thing i can think of, would be to have the box re-initialized.. this shouldnt wipe anything, etc.. just sort of re-authorizes it.  Might force it to come up/show up

I've Been Around

Is there a way to save a recorded program to a usb drive?

I'm a Senior Advisor

Not directly from the box, no.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

At least any TV providers in canada that i am aware of, none of them you are able to do this.

(there were ways with the OLDER bell SD receivers.. you could easy copy it over.. BUT it was still encrypted.. and not watchable 😛

I've Been Around

Re: NextBox PVR question

I just switch my all services Rogers from Bell. In just two days I guess I hit the wall…

1. a) I have couple of nextboxes with main PVR, I cannot PAUSE or put on hold live TV on the secondary boxes except the main PVR. (Bell does it)
  2. b) If I missed any program during the day I'm not able to restart. (Bell does it)
  3. c) Prerecording of favorite channels is so confusing that I’m not able to understand at all (whereas Bell stuff is so simple that an idiot can use it)
  4. d) Response time of the remote with any key is so slow that you will unconsciously hit it twice or thrice sending your inquiry to some other function.
  5. e) Internet is slow (bell was slow too, that was the main reason to switch), no good signal on the other levels of the house.

I’m not sure whether my decision to move over was good or bad!! Not sure what will I find next as time goes by…

Rogers is one of the leading provider of such services one should expect them to be par with the competition!!